Lyman double set trigger?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sparhawk

Reaction score
I have called Lyman and followed the manuals instructions to a tee trying to get it to lessen the trigger pull because it takes several pounds of force to set it and pull the front trigger. I want to go ahead and order a trigger that can be set. What is my best option and were is the best place to buy it?

I have not done it yet but I have been advised that the Lyman set trigger needs a slightly longer screw to properly adjust the set trigger.
One of appropriate length can be found at your local hardware store.
Be sure to take your current screw so you can match the threads(as it is mm) and make sure it is longer.
Good luck!
Sam A.

I have not done it yet but I have been advised that the Lyman set trigger needs a slightly longer screw to properly adjust the set trigger.
Be sure to take your current screw so you can match the threads(as it is mm) and make sure it is longer.
Good luck!
Sam A.
I was wondering if the screw was too short. Thanks for the advice and I will definitely do so!

Good luck!
Sam A.
I got me a longer screw from hardware store and yes, it fixed the issue. I have a hair trigger now. Thanks for your suggestion friend.

Back