Lyman great plains rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longbowsteve

Reaction score
Would anyone out there know of a source for a barrel assy (50 or 54) and /or a trigger guard for the same? Would Green mountain make one to fit it possibly? Thanks
Steve

You can buy a Replacement Lyman Barrel for that Rifle, And possibly a Trigger Gaurd if you Contact them? Otherwise you are looking at Custom, Such as Rice Barrels ( They might Possibly do a Lyman GP Barrel?) The Oregon Barrel Co, What happened to your Trigger Gaurd?

I own a Lyman Great Plains in .54 Cal, Both the “Hunter” 1:32 Fast Twist, and the 1:66 Slow Roundball Twist. My Lyman GP is a DARN GOOD Shooting Rifle! There is definitely nothing Wrong with The Factory Lyman GP “Hunter” And Roundball Barrels

You can buy a Replacement Lyman Barrel for that Rifle, And possibly a Trigger Gaurd if you Contact them? Otherwise you are looking at Custom, Such as Rice Barrels ( They might Possibly do a Lyman GP Barrel?) The Oregon Barrel Co, What happened to your Trigger Gaurd?

I own a Lyman Great Plains in .54 Cal, Both the “Hunter” 1:32 Fast Twist, and the 1:66 Slow Roundball Twist. My Lyman GP is a DARN GOOD Shooting Rifle! There is definitely nothing Wrong with The Factory Lyman GP “Hunter” And Roundball Barrels
I just got this rifle from my sister whose husband just passed away.The barrel was not cleaned the last time it was put away, and it is missing the trigger guard.I would like to get it back on the road,if I can find the parts in reasonable style.

Thanks, Steve

I just picked this rifle up from my sister whose husband passed away. He did not clean it after he used it last, and the trigger guard is gone with no one knowing where.I would like to get it back on the road.
Thanks, Steve

I just picked this rifle up from my sister whose husband passed away. He did not clean it after he used it last, and the trigger guard is gone with no one knowing where.I would like to get it back on the road.
Thanks, Steve

I just pulled this up on Lyman’s Website, i see you can Buy a Trigger Guard From them. When you open the Page, look to the Right where you will see a “Drop Down” Bar That say’s Choose Options, Click on that and Scroll Down, You will find the Trigger Guard
https://www.lymanproducts.com/great-plains-replacement-parts
The Factory Replacement Barrels can be found at Several Different places, Both .50 and .54 Cal, in Fast Bullet Twist (“Hunter”) and Slow Roundball Twist, Percussion and Flint. Here is just 1 place that Has them, I notice that several places that Carry them show “Back Order Ok” And Out of Stock, I never noticed this Up until Lyman Had the Recall on Their Barrels, It makes me think that Many Vendors Simply Quit Carrying them, and Might only do Special Orders? Anyway, Fact is New Barrels for the Lyman Great Plains Rifles are Available to Purchase
https://www.opticsplanet.com/lyman-great-plains-hunter-replacement-barrel.html

I bought a .50 in a Green Mountain 1/66 and love it. My eyes gave out before the barrel so I had to go to an inline. Just because I thought it was disrespectful to put a scope on a Hawken. 70-100 grains and any patch and ball worked wonderful.

Back