Lyman Great Plains

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my Lyman Great Plains Rifle, made before the problem child barrels that had to be recalled.... a great accurate shooter mine is.

I just picked up a Lyman GPR Signature in .54 percussion. I'm still in process of working up a load for it. It's a very nice rifle IMO.

I ordered a Pedersoli Missouri River Hawken and found out the next day that Pedersoli was making the GPR now. I'm not sure if there is much difference between the two but I may have track down a GPR now as well. Nice rifle and good shooting!

I ordered a Pedersoli Missouri River Hawken and found out the next day that Pedersoli was making the GPR now. I'm not sure if there is much difference between the two but I may have track down a GPR now as well. Nice rifle and good shooting!

I was on the fence about getting one of the Missouri/Rocky Mtn, but what drove me to the Lyman version was the blued barrel versus the brown barrel. I read several reviews on the brown barrel's finish durability not being the best.

I don't know enough of the period correctness of the barrel finishes, and I don't care, but those reports were offsetting to me.

I do love the look of the maple stocks on those Missouri/RMH though.

Latest posts

Back