Lymans & TC

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they dont make a .45 version of it. Is there something else close to it in .45? I should probably just buy another gun and get back into .50s.
I've always shot rb 54 for deer so if you want a conical then you'll have to step out in faith and burn some powder in the renegade try some different conicals out until you find the right combo or you could just shoot sabots and call it a day.

I've always shot rb 54 for deer so if you want a conical then you'll have to step out in faith and burn some powder in the renegade try some different conicals out until you find the right combo or you could just shoot sabots and call it a day.
Ive got a 1:28 twist on the Rene. Slowest i own right now. I'll have to go to a pretty light load to shoot RBs out of it.
He kicked himself a time or 3 for selling that .45 Barrel :)
Yes he offered to buy it back but i dont think Ill ever let it go. I really love that gun.
Yep, they stil have them. At 269.00 that’s a DARN GOOD Price for a Brand New GM LRH Barrel. I wish they would get some 1” Barrels Made up, I believe the 1” Breech Plugs is the HANG UP, They are impossible to Find. Pete Allen hasn’t made (Cast) any of the 1” Breech Plugs in MANY Years now

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/648/1/GMT-50-C-TC-28-BX
Im gonna bide my time. A 1" .50 barrel will come along eventually. I like the renegade more than the hawken.

Ive got a 1:28 twist on the Rene. Slowest i own right now. I'll have to go to a pretty light load to shoot RBs out of it.

Yes he offered to buy it back but i dont think Ill ever let it go. I really love that gun.

Im gonna bide my time. A 1" .50 barrel will come along eventually. I like the renegade more than the hawken.

If i had to choose between my Hawken’s and Renegades, It would be a Tough Day on me, But I would keep my Renegades :lewis: I shoot my Hawken’s really well, and have nothing in the World against them, But overall Fit & Feel goes to the Renegades, TC’s WELL Proven Old WORKHORSE

I'm sorry I guess i wasn't clear on the 1:28 LRH. RB is not an option. What I meant to say was experiment with different conicals (there are alot of options) or just shoot sabots. sorry for the confusion

I'm sorry I guess i wasn't clear on the 1:28 LRH. RB is not an option. What I meant to say was experiment with different conicals (there are alot of options) or just shoot sabots. sorry for the confusion
For sure, I have some RBs for my revolvers and i may shoot a couple one day just to see how what happens. I dont think its impossible to shoot them from a 1:28. I have a bunch of different bullets im planning on trying out. I thought i would have been to the range a bunch of times this summer but... i have Thor 265s, NE 420s, couple different bullets that I cast, and some ELRs that Ninering62 gave me to try out. No shortage of bullets, just time.

The Bullshop makes a .54 cal bullet that is designed specifically for the 1:48 twist T/C Barrels. I ordered some to get me started, and they're pretty great.

If you prefer to cast your .54s, Accurate Molds makes the 54-510M mold that is fantastic for that rifling combo, as well. IdahoLewis has done several videos on shooting in his YouTube Video, and he's had great results with that particular bullet. But if you talk to him about muzzleloading stuff, don't ever mention Swiss Black Powder or OP wads - he hates both of them passionately, and will dress you down in the strongest possible manner, then ignore you.

September 2019 wife went to a garage sale come draging home a vintage TC renegade 50 Cal in mint condition for a whopping $50

Now that’s a DEAL :lewis: Every now & then i bump in to some pretty awesome deals as well. But usually i pay TOP DOLLAR, Then the Bottom falls out of the Market and it’s worth near nothing :D Happened more than once!

Now that’s a DEAL :lewis: Every now & then i bump in to some pretty awesome deals as well. But usually i pay TOP DOLLAR, Then the Bottom falls out of the Market and it’s worth near nothing :D Happened more than once!
Yeah like my Harley

Latest posts

Back