Maine License ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
My brother us moving to Maine this spring. He's more of a fisher than a hunter. With him being up there it would make it easier for me to do a trip for deer or bear, may start trying to find snowshoe hare.

For some reason I have the hardest time figuring out other states licensing requirements. I think I got it, but maybe one of you guys who hunt up there could confirm for me? Does a non resident big game license come with a deer tag? I see a separate bear tag for sale, but no deer other than doe tag. Thanks for any help.

They used to include a bear tag along with your deer tag. I haven't hunted Maine in about 5 years, so not sure if it changed. Non resident license was pretty cheap.

The license comes with a buck tag and doe permits you have to apply for after you buy your license by june dates.

Thanks. I'll have to start looking at maps. This will be a public land and affair.

Thanks. I'll have to start looking at maps. This will be a public land and affair.
northern zones are less deer in the east part of the state..the state is 300 miles long.Best area is kennebec county

Back