Making snack sticks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look delicious Shorty! I'm still waiting for some mild weather to get all my goodies done. Straight vennie or do you have some pork in there?

Hi Mr.Tom, i cut up a couple pork loins for chops, took the trimmings and used them, there was about 6 lbs. of pork and i put in 19 lbs. of venison..i cook them to an internal temp of 162 degrees. They are really good…

Been busy in the garage today making some really good snack sticks. Used O.P. Jalapeños Snack Stick seasoning from A.C.Legg, inc., blend #188 for the 3rd. time. These things are delicious as they are full of flavor and not too hot. View attachment 30525View attachment 30526View attachment 30527View attachment 30528
Dangit Shorty, yer friggin killin me with all that bud. I love me some deer sticks. When I had them for the first time, I was in my early 30's & they took the place of my traditional pepperoni in my hunting pack for snacks during the day. They are fantastic with a few good beers in the afternoon too. Yours look awesome, enjoy them

Except for the occasional chili I use all my ground venison for jerky. I mix equal parts of High Mtn original and teriyaki seasoning and dehydrate for 3.5 hours. The grandkids love it and its a great snack at night. I usually have 2 or 3 strips every night . Each strip is about 6" long.
I have an ancient cast iron sausage stuffer in my basement. I'd like to try this some day but spicy foods don't agree with me. I'd have to use a different recipe.

Those look delicious! I almost exclusively buy Legg’s seasonings unless I make my own. They have great products.

Latest posts

Back