Marty from Texas

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cur_dog

Reaction score
Hi,

New to this message board and new to muzzleloaders. Name is Marty and I'm 42 and been hunting and fishing since I could follow my dad around. Went on my first muzzle hunt this Nov. on a draw hunt here in Texas. I put down for a center fire hunt but some how got picked on a muzzle hunt. The area I was picked for was to nice to pass up so I went and borrowed a muzzleloader from a friend. Shot two nice whitetail does and one axis buck. I'm hooked!!! I also bow hunt and center fire hunt. If they had a knife throwing season and I could hit one I guess I would do that too. Main thing is to be out in the woods or on the water with my dad, kids and friends.

After talking to Chuck, Big6x6, and Randy on here I'm buying a Knight Disc Elite from Super 91, Bob Bowers. Thanks Chuck, randy and Bob! Been reading all the post,
a lot of great info on here.

Look forward to posting and swapping ideas and stories.

Marty

Welcome to the best MZ forum on the net IMO! You'll like the Disc Elite and there's plenty of folks on here that have them also and are more than willing to help you out with any questions you might have about it. Enjoy!!

Hey Marty!

It was good talking to you also! Of course we are glad to have you!

Marty, stick around these guys and you might start EATING black powder!! They sure love the stuff! Course we all do. I see you posted on the in-line forum. Listen to what these guys say, and you will be hitting the bull in no time flat! I look forward to hearing your range report!!

Welcome Marty! I also was looking at an inline like a traditions or a optima having been shooting a TC 54 flinter. I wanted something more modern I could hang a scope on for my old eyes to target better. Alas I got to reading this forum and the green board and I wound up with a HB Savage. Been sorta dreaming about something with a SMI barrel on it lately.

Hey Marty:

I had the good fortune to put an axis deer down with the muzzleloader a dozen or so years ago. I have to say that it was the finest meat I have ever tasted! My mouth still waters every time I think of those succulent steaks.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Sheephunter, Axis meat is the BEST hands down in my opinion. The only time I can get one is on these draw hunt the Texas Parks and Wildlife have. It's to much cash to go shoot them anywhere else.

Nice ram in the pic!

Back