MDM tomwacka 12 gauge shotgun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micsputnik

Reaction score
I just bought a 12 gauge inline tomwacka shotgun in an online auction. I got it cleaned up and trying to put together a turkey load. Anyone seen one of these and know anything about them. I believe the company Millennium design muzzleloader is out of business. It is a break barrel single shot. I’m trying to find out if the primer holder was made by another company maybe pedrocelli? I see posts that say they use 80 hrs of ffg with 2 grms of shot.

Never heard of that one. When I did have an inline shotgun, I used a volume measure for shotguns which I think came from Traditions muzzleloaders. 1 1/8 oz of shot and the same with the powder, which if I recall equalled 80 grains.
I also used those plastic shot cups and 2 thin over shot cards.
That combination patterned pretty good at 25 yards for me.

I have heard of them used to have a .45 MDM, shot well had a 20 twist barrel not familiar with the shotgun

The Buckwacka rifles were popular around here, I didn’t know they made a shotgun. Last I knew the owner was still in prison following the explosion at his powder manufacturing plant, at least I think that was it.

Do you have any ideas if the wackos were made by another gun maker so that I could get a new breech plug to fit. I believe they are metric.

Never heard of that one. When I did have an inline shotgun, I used a volume measure for shotguns which I think came from Traditions muzzleloaders. 1 1/8 oz of shot and the same with the powder, which if I recall equalled 80 grains.
I also used those plastic shot cups and 2 thin over shot cards.
That combination patterned pretty good at 25 yards for me.
I’m wondering if a wad would work with the tight turkey choke on this tomwacka. Also I saw posts that said they used as much as 2oz of shot.

The Buckwacka rifles were popular around here, I didn’t know they made a shotgun. Last I knew the owner was still in prison following the explosion at his powder manufacturing plant, at least I think that was it.
Any ideas if the made or shared breech plugs with another gun maker. Cc’s or pedrocelle?

Post a pic of the plug. Im not certain but i thought the MDMs were based on H&R or NEF actions. Might have been Rossi. I dont remember seeing any mention over the years of parts interchanging.

Latest posts

Back