Melanoma

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.

This melanoma stuff is a life changer. Any of the skin cancer is a life changer. I wear UV factor 50 long sleeves almost all of the time but lather up with sunscreen when I have short sleeves on. I will wear shorts when its warm but only inside. When I go outside I have jeans on.

My two daughters have both been well appraised of the importance to getting the screening done on a regular basis. I have another screening this week on Weds.
In the name of "Jesus" i amen all holy prayer for those who are under attack by this devil's tool and bind it and order it to the foot of the Cross of Calvery to be remimded forevermore that its evil plan is powerless before the "Christ Almighty " . Amen? Amen !!! Simply believe and thank Jesus daily rejoyceing !!! .Find a health food store and buy "Flor--Essance Herbal Tea ". Follow directions and drink it 3x daily until symptoms are gone , then keep drinking it . IM SERIOUS , IT WORKS FOR MANY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! May Good Bless You Richly !!!!!

Last edited:
Gentlemen i have some knowledge / experiance that will be of help to you . This is in addition to measures that are already being taken . Please , PLEASE take what im saying seriously . I could get all scientific but i will skip all that . I will tell you what works in MANY CASES . Go to a health food store and get these items .
#1) the trace mineral " SELENIUM " . This is for repairing your dna so it wont break down and allow cancer to form from it .
'#2) Flor --Essence Herbal Tea , get the box , and follow the directions for making it ALL at once . You will also need distilled water and a stainless steel pot . DO NOT SKIP THIS . Start out slow with 1 oz in the morning for first several days . You WILL poop the nastyest smelling stuff you have EVER known , OFTEN . Not diahrea but often enough . After 3 days go to 1 oz in morning and 1 oz at night / evening for 3 more days . After that 3 times a day morning , noon , and night . Your bathroom visits should be getting back to normal by now pretty well . The idea is to work up this ladder example with first a juice glass , then a coffee mug , and then finally a full size drinking glass eventually . After about 2 to 3 weeks of this level you are about as clean tbroughout your entire body as a newborn baby !!! Any chemicals youve ever been exposed too are GONE as well . You have also experianced WHY Ojibway medicine men called this their "Holy Drink" . If you have been diabetic (from a fatty pancreas) you may no longer be . Pay Attention to That !!! Now go back to 1 oz 3X a day as maintainense for health .
#3) Now that you are cleaned up chemically scince many of you have cast bullets its time to get the lead out AND clear ALL 65,000 miles of blood vessels in your body including your HEART . Imagine That , Yes it Works . Its called chelation and you can do it yourself . E.D.T.A. , ethylene diamine tetra acetate was discovered when we invaded Berlin at the end of WWII . Hitlers Jewish scientists (under great duress) developed it . They were made to do it so the Nazi's could pursue immortality and freedom from heart attack and stroke . It works , for that anyhow . Hospitals also use it for little kids that have eaten lead paint and are in troubled circumstances because of their exposure . It works for that too . Ive used " ORA--CHEL" brand at 1/2 recommend doseage and No More Problems after 1 bottle . That was 21yrs ago.
Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus i lift up my friends before and ask for their healing in His name . I thank you in advance for their complere recovery and continued good health . May your Loving Hand always be upon their lives from now and forever . Calm their nerves lord and silence their shaking knees . Draw them close.to Jesus that His Presance may be a daily blessing both now and forever .
In Jesus Mighty. Name i pray . Amen .

We're praying for you Tom! I know what you are going through. My dad passed away two years ago. He primarily died from a Heart Attack, but the skin cancer he had he let it go too long and it spread to the point if they used Radiation he would have lost his eye sight in his right eye. He only lasted three weeks with treatment before he passed away. I was walking him back to his apartment (Ground Floor) from the hospital from having a chest x-ray when he collapsed in my arms just as we entered his apartment.

I'm now having basil cells removed from my face, back, and chest. I'm scheduling another appointment as I noticed a lump near my eye and some crusted skin??
Read my thread Ed , my DWB brother . I would like you much better . Thanks

Thanks guys.

This melanoma stuff is a life changer. Any of the skin cancer is a life changer. I wear UV factor 50 long sleeves almost all of the time but lather up with sunscreen when I have short sleeves on. I will wear shorts when its warm but only inside. When I go outside I have jeans on.

My two daughters have both been well appraised of the importance to getting the screening done on a regular basis. I have another screening this week on Weds.
Tom please read my above post . Thanks

Tom, best wishes for a complete recovery. The sun is certainly not your friend. It pays to cover up as much as possible. I also was diagnosed with melanoma on my back several years ago. Thankfully it was stage 0. Then about 6 months later I had something else removed from my chest which would have turned cancerous. A few months later I had a second stage 0 melanoma removed from my forearm. Finally I had a squamous cell cancer removed from my cheek. If you have had a melanoma in addition to the regular skin screening you have, you should inform your siblings to have regular screenings since there is a genetic component to melanoma. I still wear short sleeve shirts - at night.
Semahunter please read my above thread . Thanks

X2 Melanoma is a fast killer. NM is notorious for it. When they find it, they cut a lot out to make sure they got it all. I had it on my earlobe when I was 51. Too much time on the water and on the hunt. Wear a floppy hat. Clothes are much more effective than sunblock. I use a sun seeker hat with a 5" brim. I stiffen the brim with baling wire, so it doesn't flap in the wind. I also put some flexible wire in the back to keep it from flapping. When tied tight it folds down over your ears, and I've kept it on at 52 mph on a jet ski. A hood will fit over it when it is cold, and a wool cap will fit under it as well. If you see anything growing, or discoloring, go see a dermatologist. Our representative to congress from NM died from melanoma because he was too busy to go see his dermatologist. I believe young people spend more time in the sun uncovered because they think sunscreen will protect them. There has been a great upsurge in skin cancer since the '70s. I don't have any short sleeve shirts or pants anymore. I'm dressing like my grandpa. He was right.
Mnoland30 please my above thread. Thanks

Father I pray for my brother Tom and ask for healing in Jesus name. I ask for a quick healing of his current surgery and peaceful and restful sleep. Thank you Lord that he is compelled to share openly with us of the struggle he is going through so that others might start now with prevention. Amen!
hallofin please read my above thread . Thank you

Tom, I joined this forum late Sept. and was searching posts for cleaning products and saw this post. Sorry to hear you're going through this. I have the same problem but so far just squamous cell detected. Like you, in my youth skin protection was not stressed like it is now. Like NatureNick I will be praying for you. God Bless you and keep you.
Limbhanger please read my above thread

Tom, my wife is the palest, whitest, palefaced white skinned gal you could imagine short of albinism and her mother continually goes through what you're facing - so we took it seriously enough for me to change my planned retirement location from southern Colorado to southeastern Iowa to give my Missus a fighting chance. I tell you that so you know I understand how serious this is, and though I don't know you from Adam I wouldn't wish this on anyone and I'll pray for you by name tonight to my loving Creator who I believe hears those who acknowledge His power and love. But in addition to that, I want to thank you for sharing so much information (including a picture) with those of us who spend a lot of time outdoors as hunters, shooters, outdoorsmen in general. It is truly useful to know and understand the risks and possible effects that go with a lot of exposure to the sun's rays! I sincerely hope where your cancer is concerned, you have nothing but better days ahead.
Naturenick please read my above thread thanks

I just had a Basil Cell removed from the corner of my shooting eye just under my Eyebrow. Unfortunately, they had to cut me twice and deeper to get it all. ( I Hope!!) I'm all bandaged up and can't see how many stitches they used or how bad I look right now. I'm sure it will look worse until everything heals. Right now I can still see through my sights on my Renegade but it hurts as everything is sore as all hell. SIGH

I just had a Basil Cell removed from the corner of my shooting eye just under my Eyebrow. Unfortunately, they had to cut me twice and deeper to get it all. ( I Hope!!) I'm all bandaged up and can't see how many stitches they used or how bad I look right now. I'm sure it will look worse until everything heals. Right now I can still see through my sights on my Renegade but it hurts as everything is sore as all hell. SIGH
I didnt know Ed but i figured it out . Ed i am a man that gives a damn and for me to keep silent on this topic would indeed be a sin . I MUST reach out , especially on this topic . I have run the gauntlet with cancer . I know what is going on . And whethet im recieved or not i will speak up with information on anythimg i can help with . Nobody knows me here . I know thats big . Dont matter . But before our creator i must tell what ive known to make the difference . What i wrote in my above reply to this news of a few of you touched me deeply . Ive walked thru hell for that knowledge . I know what a caregiver is , was one for ten long years 24 hr ,7 days , 52 in a year , i know . I also know what it is to be a patient . From the fullness of my heart i wrote so maybe i could help someone . This is me . So hi , im sideshow here on modern muzzleloader .
Im glad you went to see a doctor . Many dont early enough . Breaks my heart that edmelhig , a nice man to me is fighting this . I will continue to pray for you . Not as a plea , but in a joyous celebration of thanks for your healing as well as the others too . Its what i do . Dont ask me why but Jesus hears me and His reply brings a smile to all involved . I really like that . I look forward to you getting back to be you soon . I hope all consider what i wrote of in my "book" above . I gave the absolutely finest i had to offer there . Rest up friend . We got stuff to tell and hunts to pursue . I'll be thinking of you and them too . .....me
P.s. -- president Kennedy's personal doc , Dr . Brush followed this protocol and nothing else and healed his own cancer completely . I wish the same for all of you here . May God indeed Bless !!!

Last edited:

Hang in there Ed. Those cuts near the eyes are just not fun and will take some time to get less sensitive. I've had two now that got right up snug to the eye and they just aren't fun. Even after they appear to be healed, Ed, I'd suggest keeping a real thin coat of Vaseline on the suture line for a month to keep the skin protected against drying out. A week after the sutures come out you can apply some pressure to the suture line and message it which will help prevent a "ridge" from forming.

I keep a beard now to help shade the face where I've had my two bad surgeries. That and the scars like to turn purple when I get out in the cold and they'll really show up when I go back inside but these were major league cuts, one [squamous celled] being almost 6" in total that looks like the mark of Zorro across the left side of my face and the other [stage 2 melanoma] being about 4", from below the jaw line to the lower eye lid, on the same side. And the scars cross on the check. When these get cold I look like a patchwork quilt lol but as yet the cancer is still gone so in spite of the purple lines I consider myself somewhat of a survivor. You should too. Prayers to you Ed.

Hang in there Ed. Those cuts near the eyes are just not fun and will take some time to get less sensitive. I've had two now that got right up snug to the eye and they just aren't fun. Even after they appear to be healed, Ed, I'd suggest keeping a real thin coat of Vaseline on the suture line for a month to keep the skin protected against drying out. A week after the sutures come out you can apply some pressure to the suture line and message it which will help prevent a "ridge" from forming.

I keep a beard now to help shade the face where I've had my two bad surgeries. That and the scars like to turn purple when I get out in the cold and they'll really show up when I go back inside but these were major league cuts, one [squamous celled] being almost 6" in total that looks like the mark of Zorro across the left side of my face and the other [stage 2 melanoma] being about 4", from below the jaw line to the lower eye lid, on the same side. And the scars cross on the check. When these get cold I look like a patchwork quilt lol but as yet the cancer is still gone so in spite of the purple lines I consider myself somewhat of a survivor. You should too. Prayers to you Ed.
Guys i know of something that will help cut healing a great deal .Dr Axe's Bone Broth Protein by Ancient Nutrtion .its a collegen blend that really helps healing . Our skin is mainly collegen . Your joints also will not hurt near so much . It WORKS !!!! Sorry i didnt think to tell you sooner .. Wish me luck , headed to deer camp today in Alpena .
Bob--- Sideshow
Still thanking Jesus for your full recoverys , in faith trust and Believe !!!

Ps.-- the bone broth will help with that scar tissue ridge by NOT allowing it to form . At least minimally .Your skin will love it . You MAY be even more handsome !!! LOL.!!! Now behave with those nurses !!!
If i tell you of a brand to get use THAT BRAND . There are reasons why .

Last edited:
Wise words, but sad to hear of your continued problems. You are right, cancer of any kind doesn't care who you are, or your age. An old work friend has been dealing with much of the same as you for quite a few years now. Like you, at first things weren't to bad, then the surgeries kept getting more complicated.
When ever the wife and I go riding, we always use sun screen. Yet I think of all those days before I went to work "inside" and was in carpentry.

I have a sister that is currently dealing with three different kinds of cancer: Langerhans Cell Histocytosis (LCH), Large B-Cell Lymphoma, T-Cell Lymphoma, that is affecting the skin.
Mom had a small spot of breast cancer that they successfully removed and was cancer clear to her last day. Another sister ended up with some type of an oral cancer, where they removed a large section of her tongue. A couple years ago, I found out that I too have a slow growing cancer called, Polycythemia Vera.

Had we only known...……….

Early this morning, we lost the sister to the disease.
Take care of yourselves, as we never know when the last page will be written.

Latest posts

Back