Message for IdahoLewis

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrantSFGDS

Reaction score
Congrats on the new barrel and nice shooting at 1200. I was curious what brand and size pad you have laced onto your rifle? I've got a Hawken that could use one. Thanks!

Thank you guy’s, 1,200 Yards is a serious Poke at a 20” inch plate with open sights. This bested Dave Gullo’s “Ripleys Believe it or not” Shoot :lewis:

I will start a thread on it when i get the Barrel back from Engraving this Evening, I go get it in an Hour :lewis:

Would love to see a picture of Lee's front sight. His web site does not show one. What aperture do you like in it for that distance? Nice shooting on that yardage . I just love the long range stuff with a side lock muzz.

Hello there sir I am needing some help I have a mid 90s Lyman great planes rifle in 54cal that I want to get or make a fast twist 45cal barrel for but the breach plug has me stumped I don’t mind buying a rice or green mtn but I do not no what breach plug I can use or get any help u can give is awesome

Idaholewis

That barrel looks tremendous with the script engravings, and the bluing.

Congratulations on such incredible shooting at such long distances with a top notch barrel in such a plain Jane stock. It just shows that it doesn't take an expensive gun to make long shots. OTOH, I guess the barrel and sights turn a Thompson Center Hawken, or Renegade into an expensive rifle, just not as expensive as a custom gun.

I know you would have no trouble down in Utah at the Long Range Shooters of Utah 1000 yard Milk Jug Challenge shoot, or the 1 mile challenge shoot. I mean, it's ONLY another 558 yards, right?

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there sir I am needing some help I have a mid 90s Lyman great planes rifle in 54cal that I want to get or make a fast twist 45cal barrel for but the breach plug has me stumped I don’t mind buying a rice or green mtn but I do not no what breach plug I can use or get any help u can give is awesome
I believe Jason makes his own breech plug for the TC rifles. Either that or he has them made. Either way, not a problem. I think I have a forged breech plug laying around here too. It’s not a TC and the threads are different from the TCs. Probably bought it on eBay.

Thompson Center uses 11/16"-20 threads for their breech plugs, which is proprietary to Thompson Center.

Latest posts

Back