Michigan (thumb) doe with Accura PR

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nivek2554

Reaction score
Thank you so much to everyone on here with great poats, tips, tricks etc.... I bought a used CVA Accura Plaines Rifle and a Leupold Ultimate Slam scope, zeroed in at 100yds. Shot the Doe from about 60yds from a ground blind.so excited about the PR and looking forward to finding a range around the Chicagoland are to practice and experiment with different loads this off season.

Thanks again for the help here.IMG_20191212_090743.jpgIMG_20191212_090706.jpg IMG_20191212_094012.jpg

I knew you would like that gun. Congrats on that nice doe :thumb:
Thanks :) yeah I'm very excited about it. Well balance, easy to handle, very accurate. I'm curious to see how far out I can get and reliable still get groupings. Got too make time for range time now.

Congratulations on a successful hunt. Did not see an exit, how well did your bullet perform.
When you can please share load info .

What was your load?
I used 70grains of BH209 Hornady 250 MonoFlex ML But I used the Harvester black Crush Rib Sabot. Not sure if that's something worth doing, removing the sabot that comes with the bullet and using the crush rib instead. But I had decent results on the targets with it so I used it. Look forward to experimenting more.

Thanks for answering. We are considering a heavier sp bullet in 300 grains with possibly a 100 grain powder charge.
The details on all this are still fluid.
Thanks again.

Congratulations on a successful hunt. Did not see an exit, how well did your bullet perform.
When you can please share load info .
She moved as I was shooting and I shot her in the neck near the top you can see it if you zoom in. I honestly didn't think to look at how well the bullet performed. I'm new to the details of all of this, and am learning that I need to pay better attention to what works and how well it works.

For one thing I'm gong to get a scale and start measuring by weight rather than volume.

Again thanks for sharing. We are getting into this recently after a long spell of doing other things. Input from others is helping us a lot.
I do not see where we can like your post but it is liked..

Congrats on harvesting your dinner. Good shootin'.

Latest posts

Back