Micro sunnies

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
Last fall I came across a crappie bite that was outstanding while using some real small crankbaits done in the shown color pattern. I call it my mini sunnie color. Northerns sure enjoyed a mess of these hence the need to make more.

Ffr68wz.jpg

These in the picture have the blue to purple color shifting pigment in the top coat. Tomorrow I'll be doing the purple on purple top coat and the pumpkin green back and bars with green to gold color shift top coat.

Sitting in the sun drying I couldn't help myself and got the picture. Man I love these little fellas for crappie. These are weighted to sink....just cast and allow to drop 4-6 seconds then retrieve at a moderate rate. And hold on. Crappies really blast these guys. These baits are only .75" in length, the second smallest I make. For size reference, the wires they hang from are standard paper clips nipped so that the wire has a hook at both ends.

Those are really nice Tom. Do you sell them or is it your personal hobby?

I make these for personal use primarily but have sold a few. Right now with this virus crap I can't get any bodies as what I use all come from China. Not sure I'd trust them to be real germ free anyway right now. I just finished some others based on this same body and pattern scheme except they have a pumpkin green back with a color shift top coat that goes from green to gold to blue to purple in the right light. I'll post a picture of a couple of them tomorrow. They're really natural looking and look just like a sunfish fry.

Thanks everybody. Sabotloader, I am not a professional, but thanks. The crappies have been liking them some when we get a bit of heat in the water. Recently though we've had really cold nights, mid 20"s even, that wiped out my garden even while covered and chilled the water to where crappies can't even be found. I sure wish spring would get here in earnest.

Latest posts

Back