MILS vs MOA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically if you got a MIL turret, you come up 3 clicks for an inch. 1/10mil each click. That will put you just a little over an inch up. Only reason i even have one is the SWFA SS MIL/MIL turret and reticle is so well done. Having a MOA turret and a mildot reticle is about the dumbest thing anyone ever used in a scope. Even SWFA and upper end Bushnells made some like that early on.

This is just simple when you look at it.
ss10x42mq-2.png
That is indeed one of the dumbest things possibly ever. Mixing measurement values between the reticle and the turret makes absolutely zero sense, and I don’t get how so many companies have made that fumble before

Glad you made it home. Steaks and drinks on me.
There can be only one. 1/8 STA That's Surveillance and Target Acquisition Platoon [Scout/Snipers] for those in Rio Linda.

Glad you made it home. Steaks and drinks on me.
There can be only one. 1/8 STA That's Surveillance and Target Acquisition Platoon [Scout/Snipers] for those in Rio Linda.
I'm old school , just take a Beer

I recall when the Infantry began switching from degrees to mils. Plenty of head scratching going on.

Latest posts

Back