Mini Howa 300 blackout so fun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnt monkey

Reaction score
I had never given a 300 blackout a second look and I'm not into the whole silencer program,,I brought this Mini howa to tear apart and build another muzzleloader out of I decided to throw a scope on it and shoot it it 60 yards it will put five different factory ammo sub velocity in to quarter inch or less groups,the sub velocity ammo recoil is so light a kid a five-year-old could shoot it going to have to save this gun for the grandkids to learn to shoot

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_171429097_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200509_171429097_HDR.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 3
Sometimes one gets a rifle combination that shoots so well that I do not like to change anything. I keep the scope, mounts etc. the same. I do not want to disturb what is working. Maybe this is the combo you have.

I so agree,, I've had six of these mini Howa ,the release button for the magazine is in a bad spot I think many shooters in the country haven't given this little action a chance,the two 7.62 by 39 s that I have shoot a quarter inch and less with factory ammo the action is so slick you really cannot tell that you're chambering a round on any of them for a factory action I couldn't be more satisfied, Brownells has the Grendel barreled action on sale I'm not a big fan of the 6.5 Grendel but I really like that little gun,I have a little grandel in the mini and it shoots a couple of different factory loads of quarter inch or less but it's much more finickyI've had many different Grendel's in different platforms I consider it a finicky cartridge but I am a 6.5 fan

I so agree,, I've had six of these mini Howa ,the release button for the magazine is in a bad spot I think many shooters in the country haven't given this little action a chance,the two 7.62 by 39 s that I have shoot a quarter inch and less with factory ammo the action is so slick you really cannot tell that you're chambering a round on any of them for a factory action I couldn't be more satisfied, Brownells has the Grendel barreled action on sale I'm not a big fan of the 6.5 Grendel but I really like that little gun,I have a little grandel in the mini and it shoots a couple of different factory loads of quarter inch or less but it's much more finickyI've had many different Grendel's in different platforms I consider it a finicky cartridge but I am a 6.5 fan
Looks like your shopping for another one soon . The sml idea using one is a killer idea !!! I already had a 700ml so i decided to proceed . Hope i dont regret that decision !!! 4 calibers with 1 gun really made up my mind . Pretty easy to do .

I don't think you can go wrong putting a model 700 together as long as it's a arrowhead or hankins module setup, the guns do so well with blackhorn too,, you can even go big lead if you want

Is your rifle setup barrel nut or just shoulder
West Texas Ordinance switch lug shouldered . Incredibly easy and accurate . .350" thick lug . 30 lb. To tighten . 5 minute barrel changes . Scope dope sheet will take the most time !!! Easiest most accurate system out there . A once in a lifetime build . Only the 40 will be sml rated . Ive got almost all the parts now . Very futureistic/nostalgia build . Its TIME . I wish Valdada's werent so expensive but Thats what i want for optics , the Tacticle job .

Last edited:
I love to try new things and see people try new thingsI have a 20 ounce defiance action coming this summer if the virus hasn't delayed it too much, I hope to keep working on that ultralight walking muzzleloader it's capable of shooting light smokeless loads however primarily devoted to Black Horn

Latest posts

Back