Mixing powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobcat_trapper

Reaction score
I watched a u tube video. Guy had a cva wolf 50 cal. He was taking black powder. And red dot smokeless shotgun powder. Mixing it 50/50 and using it in his wolf. I wouldn't want to do that. Sounds dangerous too me. Just buy a smokeless muzzleloader. Or blackhorn and use it.

I watched a u tube video. Guy had a cva wolf 50 cal. He was taking black powder. And red dot smokeless shotgun powder. Mixing it 50/50 and using it in his wolf. I wouldn't want to do that. Sounds dangerous too me. Just buy a smokeless muzzleloader. Or blackhorn and use it.
Not just dangerous but asinine ,u tube bounces Idaholewis and lets crap like that be discussed much less allowed ! Ed

I won't even suggest mixing black with subs or mixing subs. Dangerous stuff to mix any form of black or sub with smokeless.

I watched a u tube video. Guy named “Lefty” had a cva wolf 50 cal. He was taking black powder. And red dot smokeless shotgun powder. Mixing it 50/50 and using it in his wolf.

There… I fixed the post! 😳

Not to make light of potential injuries, but I concur with those who are warning of the danger of mixing powders. 👍

Last edited:
Did he say what his intent was? Cleaner, more velocity, he just had a ton of red dot and wanted to burn it up… ?

WOW, Even 5 Grains Loaded Ahead of a Smokeless Charge in a Smokeless Capable Barrel Duplex Load is Questionable 🤨

I wouldn't do it. Here is the video where i watched it. He only is shooting 50 or 60g of powder. It would be ok if it was black powder or either 777. Not mixed together he asking for a death wish. I use red dot in reloading for my 12ga.Screenshot_20221023-191941_YouTube~3.jpg

One should always ask themselves a question when watching YouTube folks: What have they achieved themselves to be giving advice?

When you find the answer- it usually coincides with their advice.

Latest posts

Back