MMP HP24

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher1

Reaction score
These should be a slightly tighter fit than a CR in the Omega w/250gr.DC correct? Thinking about ordering a pack to try.

fisher1 said:
These should be a slightly tighter fit than a CR in the Omega w/250gr.DC correct? Thinking about ordering a pack to try.

The HPH-24 is the sabot that I use for all 452 bullets infact I just shoot a bunch yesterday. I prefer the length of the MMP petals and the formulation of the polymere, it is more pliable than the Harvester polymere and because of that it conforms to the bore better. If you are going to load in cold weather the MMP does not seem to get as hard as the Harvester.

I kinda like the Harvester short with that bullet but the MMP shot just as well. The bullet though is nearly all the way down in the HPH-24 sabot so check it with your loading jag first.

If you have the right tip the HPH24 is fine.

GM54-120 said:
I kinda like the Harvester short with that bullet but the MMP shot just as well. The bullet though is nearly all the way down in the HPH-24 sabot so check it with your loading jag first.

If you have the right tip the HPH24 is fine.

fisher1

Scott is correct, both the Spin jag loading tip and the TC Super Jags work very well loading the long sabot on the shorter bullet.

With the petals being longer - they cause the sabot to get off the bullet quicker...

Latest posts

Back