Mnt monkey A+++

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks fellas for the thumbs up. The piece I bought from Mark is an incredible shooter. Heavy beast at 13lbs. I knew that going in though.
I restocked it with a carbon fiber and changed scope to a Loopy Boone & Crocket. 10lbs now.
Thinking about barrel reduction, but loads and harmonics are working superb better leave alone. If I changed it and it were not shoot as good,,,,,,,,
,,,,,Mark would be pissed at me 😆

Thanks fellas for the thumbs up. The piece I bought from Mark is an incredible shooter. Heavy beast at 13lbs. I knew that going in though.
I restocked it with a carbon fiber and changed scope to a Loopy Boone & Crocket. 10lbs now.
Thinking about barrel reduction, but loads and harmonics are working superb better leave alone. If I changed it and it were not shoot as good,,,,,,,,
Don’t fix what’s not broke…unless you’re in to muzzleloaders and it’s almost a requirement

I remember the gun & when you got it. Great score.

bstorric, Not sure what your comment meant. I do suppose I’m into ML’s though. 😁
Shot the first one at the age of 11. Bought the first one about fifty plus years ago. Since them I’ve owned a sizeable Harpers Ferry collection , Virginia Shenandoah Valley long rifles and other original collectibles.
Currently own in the way of modern for hunting 9 SML’s ,
8 Knights
5 percussion
and
1 flinter.
And all the other stuff that goes with to shoot that won’t fit into a compact car to the range.

Guess it’s safe to say “I’m into muzzleloaders”.
😊

bstorric, Not sure what your comment meant. I do suppose I’m into ML’s though. 😁
Shot the first one at the age of 11. Bought the first one about fifty plus years ago. Since them I’ve owned a sizeable Harpers Ferry collection , Virginia Shenandoah Valley long rifles and other original collectibles.
Currently own in the way of modern for hunting 9 SML’s ,
8 Knights
5 percussion
and
1 flinter.
And all the other stuff that goes with to shoot that won’t fit into a compact car to the range.

Guess it’s safe to say “I’m into muzzleloaders”.
😊
It was a joke. I meant that usually you don’t fix something that isn’t broken but muzzleloader enthusiasts can’t just leave stuff alone, they have to tinker and play around with the setups always seeking improvements even if they don’t need to. Also I saw in your profile your in eastern panhandle of WV. I live in the Winchester area…we’re practically neighbors. Man, that is quite the collection. I’d love to see something like that. I don’t have any originals or anything but I think they are sooo interesting…especially if there is a know history of the gun

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back