Model 91 versus Super 91

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
91 or 91-II ? Under rib and no under rib, just ferrules

From what Doc told me he thinks the 91-11 are more accurate, I have no proof myself

So he is saying that is a model 91 not super 91 correct ?

I have owned a couple of earlier Super 91s that had the spring detente release. It's pretty easy to convert them to the screw.

Not sure on this one but I bought a t bolt through Tom from Hawaii years ago and someone had a 91 action and plug for sale. I bought it and it had this old safety on it. I sent it to Doc and he traded with me for the new style twist safety. He said it was from a 91 action instead of super from what I remember

I think the one on GB has the swing lock type action safety. I haven't owned one like that. Its a nice looking rifle.

I think the one on GB has the swing lock type action safety. I haven't owned one like that. Its a nice looking rifle.
It does say just model 91.

It also a shame. Doc had some wonderful designs and builds but went through multiple company names and management

I don't think I see a trigger safety on that White Armstech Model 91. Unless it is my old eyes.

No such thing as just a model 91. They were Super 91's. Then they removed the under rib and called them super 91-11. The super 91 was a updated version of the super 90. I had one of the 60 doc made of the super 90's
I should never have sold it.
they did make a few changes in the super 91 like the screw indent and the safety but they were still Super 91's just earlier versions.

I consider the screw detent to be a major improvement over the spring detent and I like the improved action safety over the swing lock and I like having a trigger safety also. I don't know if I believe getting rid of the under rib improved accuracy. It may not have hurt it either and lowered production costs.
A lot of these changes took place before the Super 91II.

I talked with Doc tonight, he’s got me thinking of one of his new Bison’s versus a Super 91. It was also interesting discussing shooting BH 209 out his guns. He says no problem at all. Apparently I’m not the only full who went into to the more modern ML’s only to return to a White

I talked with Doc tonight, he’s got me thinking of one of his new Bison’s versus a Super 91. It was also interesting discussing shooting BH 209 out his guns. He says no problem at all. Apparently I’m not the only full who went into to the more modern ML’s only to return to a White

I've posted this before, Doc can run all the BH he wants in his rifles. He's got almost unlimited access to parts. My stance is the same, if it wasn't initially designed to shoot BH, don't do it. Unless you really don't like your rifle.

Back