Mold recommendations

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badgerfarm

Reaction score
I have a Super 91 in .504 and Whitetail in .451. Who is the go to mold maker for either or both. The .504 seemed to like the 460 gr and I've never shot the Whitetail so have no starting point with it. I have all of the casting equipment since I've been casting for my front stuffers since the early 70's.

I might have posted this in the wrong forum. Moderators please move if needed.

I like my NEI and Rapine molds, I just checked and there both out of business now dang it. Its been awhile, but I used to size down a Lee .515 to .504, I believe I sized it down, in two stages through the sizing dies

I have a Super 91 in .504 and Whitetail in .451. Who is the go to mold maker for either or both. The .504 seemed to like the 460 gr and I've never shot the Whitetail so have no starting point with it. I have all of the casting equipment since I've been casting for my front stuffers since the early 70's.

Hard to Beat Accurate Bullet Molds out of Utah, Tom (Owner/operator) Will Make anything you want, any diameter you want. He offers Mold Blocks in Aluminum, Brass, and Iron/Steel. Most of my molds are Accurate bullet molds, I highly recommend them! You could even do a 2 Cavity of Totally Different bullets, Example being- 1 cavity for your .451 and the 2nd Cavity for your .504, You have a Lot of options with Accurate Bullet molds, here is a link- http://www.accuratemolds.com/

2nd on Accurate Molds. I have 2 in his catalog. I had them set up to add the hollow base. Tom doesn't do the hollow base pin. Had another guy do that. Both are shown at .504. One avg at 440 grains and the other at 450. The 440 was supposed to hit around 425. Both are quality molds.

One more vote for Accurate Molds. I have the 45-465M mold and it shoots great with all of my 451 White's with either 70-75gr of Swiss or 777-3F depending on which rifle I shoot them out of.

I've used Tom's molds in the near past and had really good luck with his molds. Nei had a mold at one time that I was interested for my .72 cal SxS but since they are no longer around it's not important. I think I remember that they had a series of molds that would work for the .504. I'll look around and see if I have one of NEI's old catalogs around that I can get some dimensions to send to Tom. Thanks to everyone that responded. I like the idea of having a 4 cavity mold done with 2 different style bullets. Maximum versatility.

longbowelk, how much did it cost to have the hollow base mods done? In your experience with the HB does it improve performance and accuracy? What load were you using with it?

Latest posts

Back