More tinkering....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
I got bored late yesterday afternoon and with nothing decent on the tube after dinner I headed out to the creation station [another name for a messy work bench] and cooked these guys up.

R0rlxa3.jpg

Using a 12 cavity mold that makes 2-1/2" stinger type baits, I used the same basic color pattern as what I used on the split tail baits shown the other day, then did the dry brushing of the same two super color shifting pigments. These suckers really are doing a good job of shifting in this picture [for a change]. We're very cloudy here today and that helps to get the shifting going in pictures.

Needing to be applied over a black or very dark base color, I just did a basic black shad with a glitter in clear belly color, then dry brushed the pigments....6 of each color. Eyes got lightly tacked on and a cover dip followed to seal the eyes and to give the baits the "wet" look. The shine. I just about had to sell my left nut to get 30 eyes off a fellow tackle maker, 24 of which are on these baits.

One bait of each color went fishing in the rain with me this morning. The one with the dark back caught a nice largemouth while the lighter colored one accounted for over half of the crappies I caught and all of those that made the cut for the dinner pail.

I know several here have inquired reagding buying baits and floats but right now I just can't with all the shortages of many of the components that go into the making of this stuff. The eyes and pigments are about as handy right now as blackhorn and 209 primers.

Latest posts

Back