Mossberg 835 slugster

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call Ballistic Products. I'll bet they can solve your problems for you. If they can't recommend a suitable commercially loaded slug that will cure the problem, then I bet they can recommend a soft-recoiling, 3.5" slug handload that will.

Saw this on another forum. Fitting. Happens quite often.
“I swear at least 50% of the answers in any thread asking for conditional advice on cartridges, scopes, or guns completely ignore what the OP asked and are based on the respondent's preferences regardless of how inappropriate it may be to the OP.“

Bestill, you probably did the same thing but I just spent the better part of two hours trying to help and discovered that these slugs were discontinued ten years ago and it seems everyone in the world was looking for them then. Unfortunately, it might be best to try and find a replacement with a much more current production.

Thank you for your vast contributions to the community and consistent willingness to help others. Really wanted to come through for you.

Bestill, you probably did the same thing but I just spent the better part of two hours trying to help and discovered that these slugs were discontinued ten years ago and it seems everyone in the world was looking for them then. Unfortunately, it might be best to try and find a replacement with a much more current production.

Thank you for your vast contributions to the community and consistent willingness to help others. Really wanted to come through for you.
You're right. I saw that Midway lists them as a "one time run". Im going to keep watch for them at pawn shops and LGSs.

I’m going to recommend slugsrus.com again.
Buy a roll crimper to use in your drill press.
Use their load data with wadding to make up 3 1/2 shells.
Precisionreloading.com has primed 3 1/2 hulls in stock.
You probably have a suitable powder already.

I know you are all about accuracy and these probably will
not measure up but they will make that big buck sorry he
got out of his bed. And they will be accurate enough.

6F28D179-74A7-458E-90A9-1F9BE2CB916C.jpeg4BA6268D-D860-44C2-8127-70A33398C3CE.jpeg307F1EA5-712E-480B-935D-15268434AE26.jpeg

Update
Thanks to all.

Yes the federal slugs that shot extremely well are discontinued but basically all ammo is unavailable due to all the insanity.

But a positive note i posted a need on my Bestill Facebook page and had a fine gentleman deliver me several boxes of the federal for free.
Awesome

And got some other cheap 3" for fella to practice with

Update
Thanks to all.

Yes the federal slugs that shot extremely well are discontinued but basically all ammo is unavailable due to all the insanity.

But a positive note i posted a need on my Bestill Facebook page and had a fine gentleman deliver me several boxes of the federal for free.
Awesome

And got some other cheap 3" for fella to practice with
I found that out also about the Federal will Barnes expander slugs unfortunately very accurate in several slug guns I own haven't been able to find any because of all the unrest going on again but I have heard and read Barnes is supposed to be loading some and Remington also don't know if Remington's are different from there copper solids good luck to everyone finding what they are looking for right now

Latest posts

Back