Most desirable white

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My one of a kind 97 Whitetail Hunter 410 is really really sweet, of course one of a kind does help with resale value

Greg

Attachments

• C74934EB-C498-4EE7-A92E-F7B44A22AA40.jpeg
    C74934EB-C498-4EE7-A92E-F7B44A22AA40.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 26
All the 26” barrel 97 are on the more rare end. That 410 97 may be the only one made.
It also comes to a point, are you collecting rifles or shooting and using them. Neither is wrong but everyone has there own priorities. A new in box gun is very desirable for one but the next guy wants a shooter.

Yeah, my Super 91's chambered in .451 are my all-time favorites. It really came from back in 1991 when I was shooting a T/C Renegade side lock, and I walked into Blue Ridge Sporting Supplies and watched the White video playing on the TV there. I watched it all the way through again, then walked over to the rack and there sat two of the coolest looking rifles I had ever laid eyes on. Two Super 91's. I had been shooting a 54 caliber, so I asked about the calibers and the sales guy told me I should consider the .451. He talked about it's attributes and then showed me some 495 grain "Super Slugs". I was like Holy Cow, look at the length of that bullet! So I placed my order for the .451 and started saving my pennies. Me and a buddy both got one. When they came in, we went to the spot we would sight in our guns, and set up targets and followed the manual and what was on the video. We were amazed at how easy they loaded, and we immediately shot cloverleafs at 100 yards with open sights. Yeah, we had good, sharp eyes back in those days. We could not believe how accurate they were, and never got hard to load. We shot 20-30 shots, then cleaned them up and got ready to hunt with them. We loved the "Super Sling", the Williams open sights, and the in-line ignition. It was easy to take apart and clean too. We loved the double safeties and very nice Bold trigger. I always thought the under rib was sexy, and gave the rifle a certain charm. I loved the composite stock and the fact it was stainless was extra cool as I had never owned a stainless gun before. Thus was the beginning of a love affair that has never ended. She still looks as sexy to me today as it ever did all those years ago. And she still shoots true. I've taken a pile of animals with my Super 91, and loved every single time I got to pull the trigger.....

All the 26” barrel 97 are on the more rare end. That 410 97 may be the only one made.
It also comes to a point, are you collecting rifles or shooting and using them. Neither is wrong but everyone has there own priorities. A new in box gun is very desirable for one but the next guy wants a shooter.

I must admit that the 98 Elite Hunter 451 is Also a favorite

Latest posts

Back