Moulds

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean schwarzenbach

Reaction score
Looking to make my own bullets for my 54 caliber tc renagade any help with a Mould would be great, the plains bullet seems to group the best but is hard to find again any help would be great, Thankyou,Dean

Looking to make my own bullets for my 54 caliber tc renagade any help with a Mould would be great, the plains bullet seems to group the best but is hard to find again any help would be great, Thankyou,Dean

Hello Dean, Welcome to the Modern Muzzleloading Forum :lewis:

When you open the Forum main page, scroll down and you will find a Sub forum titled “Bullet Casting“ There you will find LOTS of info. I HIGHLY advise the Lyman Plains Mold, i have it in both .50 and .54 Cal, It is one of my Favorites, they Shoot REALLY well in both Fast Twist, and Stock 1:48 Twist. I have MANY Custom Bullet Molds, The Lyman Plains is every bit as good as ANY of my Custom Made Molds

Here is the Lyman Plains in Action, from one of my Stock 1:48 Twist .54 Cal TC Renegades

55/60 Yards here
2c5gGhR.jpg

Typical Lyman Plains Accuracy, I have printed MANY MANY Targets like this with both the .50 and .54 Lyman Plains
HfvYrox.jpg

And here is the Lyman Plains at 260 Yards, From the Stock 1:48 Twist TC Renegade above

Here is the Lyman Plains in Action, from one of my Stock 1:48 Twist .54 Cal TC Renegades

55/60 Yards here
2c5gGhR.jpg

Typical Lyman Plains Accuracy, I have printed MANY MANY Targets like this with both the .50 and .54 Lyman Plains
HfvYrox.jpg

And here is the Lyman Plains at 260 Yards, From the Stock 1:48 Twist TC Renegade above

Ausome, I think Track Of The Wolf has the Lyman plains Mould in 54, goina Ck out fer sure they’ve a (reel) Mould, but thanks ur stuff on YT is help full ,I would like to get proficient with my 54

Glad to see someone else spells it like I do! Mould, that is. Either spelling is correct, I prefer to place the u in there!

Track of the wolf has something similar,the Buffalo bullet company’s bullet was great though, the knurling and a little lube, it shot great I thought 460 grain, if any one has any I’m interested, seems stuff fer the 54 is going the wayside!

Back