Mountaineer .45 1:20 twist barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More tinkering. Had to remove the scope and i compared how far the Warne base screws came through the other base. NOT AS MUCH. But the holes are flat so they do match up. Probably gunna need slightly longer screws to feel good about using that base.

So i put the Warnes steel bases on. Why no one makes a nice steel 2 slot base is a mystery. The Warnes base is not nearly as thick. Eyeballing it up with the low rings is a no go. They aint gunna work with a 42mm obj scope. Gunna have to get mediums if i use the Warnes bases.

So just to give you an idea of the differences between picatinny and Weaver. Slots are much wider. Might have even gone with a 30mm tube if i had all this info when i got the scope. I could have lived with the Diamondback HP Tactical FFP........... maybe.
JR4bMTZ.jpg

CLv9itq.jpg

uiAsZUM.jpg

C2XpRSl.jpg

Knight is really busy, there’s 200 orders ahead of mine, was told it would ship next week. I hope so!

Took mine a week+ to ship too but they did send track info when it shipped. Very aggravating but not much can been done about it.

Knight is really busy, there’s 200 orders ahead of mine, was told it would ship next week. I hope so!

It will be WELL worth the Wait Herschel :lewis: My Old 1:20/.45 Cal Mountaineer was actually nicer than my Centerfires, and Shot EVERY Bit as well, actually Better than Most. The Knight Mountaineer is an AWESOME Rifle!!

I keep grabbing the resized 300gr XTP and starting it in my barrel for grins. :D

That is gunna make a good cheap bullet to shoot i think. Grafs and Grafs Reloading are both still out of the .451 Speers i want. Yeah its 2 different places but they have a linked history.

I was told today that my 45 ultra lite won’t ship till end of next week, they are very busy now. this is gonna be a long wait

I was told today that my 45 ultra lite won’t ship till end of next week, they are very busy now. this is gonna be a long wait

Yep! I was told basically the same thing! But it is really GOOD that they are busy. I really wanted to get a whitetail with one this month!

Yep! I was told basically the same thing! But it is really GOOD that they are busy. I really wanted to get a whitetail with one this month!
It is a good thing to see the country doing so well, I have been super busy this year also, but I can’t wait to shoot that 45 , it’s good because I ordered my Lehigh conversion and plug ,scope mounts on the way. It’s all coming together

Looking forward to your range reports. I almost can't take it anymore and have been close to ordering a fast twist 45 barrel.

Are the outside barrel dimensions the same as a 50 cal. Mountaineer?
I was wandering too, also the difference in weight?

Latest posts

Back