Moving to a Crossbow?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excalibur is definitely the way to go. There's lots of brands out there offering high FPS but Excalibur offers after sales like no other. There's a lot of bows out there that you can't get spares for. You can still get core parts for all of their bows. Replacement limbs are approximately $70 US. The older model Excalibur recurves are a bit cumbersome if you're in a blind but the newer models are way more compact. I saw an original Exocet for sale on the weekend for $250 Canadian. Shoots at around 300fps and accurate too.

Another vote here for Excalibur. Simple and plenty fast to kill game. I have a Exomax, Micro 335, and an Ibex, and I sold my Matrix 380 to a friend. My current go-to crossbow is a Stryker Offspring that’s a cross between a Stryker and an Excalibur, and only reason I’m not suggesting it is because it‘s been discontinued.

Don't remember the brand, but my adult son has a crossbow. He bought it about 5 or so years ago. We have taken it out to my gun range a few times. It's really fun to shoot and accurate. We shot it at about 35 yards. I think he bought it on a whim, he's not a hunter.

015.JPG

Do yourself a big favor and go and visit an archery pro shop and shoot, recock and shoot a few different crossbows.
I watched videos, read reviews and was convinced I wanted an Excalibur, until I tried a few. I bought a Mission Sniper Light. Super light, super accurate, and Missions warrantee if unsurpassed in my view.
I found the Tenpoint to heavy and bulky, the Excalibur too hard to cock. The Mission just fit me better, and was much easier to cock.
I have taken 4 deer with it in the last 5 years, great crossbow.
Search out a pro shop where you can SHOOT a few. You will not be sorry.7240915A-5871-4EEE-9122-B0D2CFE36756.jpeg

Do yourself a big favor and go and visit an archery pro shop and shoot, recock and shoot a few different crossbows.
I watched videos, read reviews and was convinced I wanted an Excalibur, until I tried a few. I bought a Mission Sniper Light. Super light, super accurate, and Missions warrantee if unsurpassed in my view.
I found the Tenpoint to heavy and bulky, the Excalibur too hard to cock. The Mission just fit me better, and was much easier to cock.
I have taken 4 deer with it in the last 5 years, great crossbow.
Search out a pro shop where you can SHOOT a few. You will not be sorry.
The Mission is an outstanding crossbow IMO also. I shot a number of different bows and settled on the Mission. Insanely accurate to 60yds.

Back