Mule Deer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTY

Reaction score
The snow is melting off the south facing slopes, and the deer are beginning to return to feed. This morning was the first time I have seen mule deer in the yard. This evening we are back to the standard whitetail deer feeding in the yard.

So far this last fall and winter we have had bear, elk, whitetail, mule deer, and one lone wolf in addition to the small game and ever present turkeys. I wonder what has passed through undetected.

I was sitting on the deck when I spied the wolf sitting on the hill watching me. I slowly eased into the living room and grabbed a rifle. I was able to slip out and sit back down without him moving, but when I racked the bolt he took off.

I am not all that far out of town, but I am the last place on the mail route and the trash pickup route. There is a good bit of real estate beyond me that is pretty rough country

Sounds like you have your own slice of heaven. There is nothing better than watching all them critters, especially from your own porch..

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Anything south of Riggins is California I am in Idaho.

I should be ashamed of myself for that last comment. Nah..

Stanley, Challis and a bunch of places in between is where I have chased all my elk in that state. Idaho is fabulous.

I think Moscow is a suburb of Seattle. Moscow is different, but not different enough to be a suburb of Portland. Years ago, I was in Moscow wearing snagged off black logger jeans, Whites, and a flannel shirt. Some woman said, "You are not from around here, are you?" My reply was to ask if she had ever been outside the Moscow city limits. Ten or fifteen miles away it is a completely different environment.

Sounds like you have your own slice of heaven. There is nothing better than watching all them critters, especially from your own porch..
I truly feel blessed. Been taking pictures of big boy since 2013 and many of his 4 point or better buddies in our back yard. 7,300' pop 443. Skyline picture was another buck a block away at sunrise. Of course they disappear down on the river on private 'till season is over. I took pics of big boy early this month so he made it again, but can't find them right now. Always have a camera ( not phone, mine's a flipper) with and have hundreds of fishing, trapping and hunting pics to reflect on and enjoy from time-to-time. The deer clean up the birdseed the birds throw down from the overhead feeders so see 12-15 per day in our yard, Turkeys on occasion, skunks, coons etc. note the velvet hanging and red horns under the apple tree last fall...Trader

Attachments

• P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 25
  • mb25.jpg
    mb25.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6466.jpg
    IMG_6466.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 25
We'll have whitetails come in the cabin yard and lay down. If we don't get too close to them they just sit there and chew.

Latest posts

Back