Musket, Carbines, Revolvers and.......ARTILLERY!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave951

Reaction score
For those who haven't heard of the North South Skirmish Association, we compete with all of the above and then some. Our main range is in Winchester VA and is rumored to be the largest black powder range in the world (or at least it's pretty darn big!).

Each arm has a course of fire where the targets are all breakable. You shoot on a team, along with a bunch of other teams at the same time! Scoring is simple, gotta break it to count it, unbroken counts against you, fastest time wins, no pressure......

We are probably the only org that regularly shoots Civil War artillery live for score. Nothing quite like pulling the string on a 12lb Napolean or a 30lb Parrot.

Sounds like fun, I got to pull the string on a mountain howitzer while visiting a rondy at Cascade Locks Oregon. Took a "shot" at the sternwheeler as she sailed past.

Well I didn't see a dedicated competition subforum so that's why I've posted here. Here's a couple shots of our Association at the main range in Winchester-

2016nationals2.jpgFall 2016 Nationals, weather was overcast and smoke was hanging on the range bring a touch of the "fog of war"

2016nationals1.jpg
We shoot in the rain too, again, the smoke makes targeting interesting.

IMG_5815.JPG
Our team doin' it to it.

Our main range in Winchester has 73 firing points that each accomodate an 8 man team. At a Nationals Skirmish, we'll pretty much fill up that line with teams and they're all shooting at their target arrays at the same time. Come on down and enjoy the fun!

NSSAlogo.png

Looks like that would be a hoot.
Though I'm examining the photos and can't seem to see a southpaw nowheres. 😁

Latest posts

Back