Muzzle Brake

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdporter

Reaction score
A couple of pics of the muzzle brake I built for my son’s .308 Howa.
It still needs a little clean-up on the finish. I’d like all the tooling marks removed.
A birthday present from dad.
I know a .308 doesn’t need one, but less recoil is less recoil.

Attachments

• 14AF29A1-391F-4C2B-A125-B6ECD0CB58C0.jpeg
    14AF29A1-391F-4C2B-A125-B6ECD0CB58C0.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 30
  • C5A4058B-DAE7-41C8-912B-7067B36CE920.jpeg
    C5A4058B-DAE7-41C8-912B-7067B36CE920.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 32
  • C0161CFE-6311-42DD-8707-5BC750964F65.jpeg
    C0161CFE-6311-42DD-8707-5BC750964F65.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 30
Thanks Ed. He’s ex army and knows the value of good ear protection at the range.

I like the looks of it. Let us know how well it works. I have bought a couple different brakes that work well. My latest is a Super Baby Beast 5 port for my .340 Wby. Hope to get it installed soon.

I have a tanker style muzzle break on my AR in .300 blackout. It’s loud as hell, but smooth as a baby’s behind.

Co-worker had a brake put on his rifle. Wore hearing protection to the range along with ear plugs.

Come deer season he goes to shoot a doe out of his enclosed blind, no hearing protection. He now wears 2 hearing aids.

Co-worker had a brake put on his rifle. Wore hearing protection to the range along with ear plugs.

Come deer season he goes to shoot a doe out of his enclosed blind, no hearing protection. He now wears 2 hearing aids.
That sucks for him. Once hearing goes there’s no getting it back. I started wearing active noise dampening devices while hunting as well as range trips (axil gs extremes). They amplify sounds so I have superhuman hearing and they protect my ears when I shoot. The downside is it makes it a little more difficult to locate noises. It has a little bit of a learning curve but I also hear noises that I wouldn’t have picked up otherwise. Wind can also be an issue but I noticed if I wear a beanie style hat down over the devices and my ears, it greatly reduces wind noise and doesn’t really seem to muffle like when a hat goes down over just your deviceless ears. I highly recommend them…they are pricey and the model I have (gs extreme 1.0s) had some issues, I h ad to send the first pair back due to high pitched squealing. But the current model 2.0s are said to have better battery and better Audio quality. Also walkers game ears (which have been around along time, make products of all price points. Can you really put a price on your hearing??? Mine is certainly worth more to me than $200. Sorry for the off topic rant… I just wanted to say something if it helped someone prevent hearing loss

That sucks for him. Once hearing goes there’s no getting it back. I started wearing active noise dampening devices while hunting as well as range trips (axil gs extremes). They amplify sounds so I have superhuman hearing and they protect my ears when I shoot. The downside is it makes it a little more difficult to locate noises. It has a little bit of a learning curve but I also hear noises that I wouldn’t have picked up otherwise. Wind can also be an issue but I noticed if I wear a beanie style hat down over the devices and my ears, it greatly reduces wind noise and doesn’t really seem to muffle like when a hat goes down over just your deviceless ears. I highly recommend them…they are pricey and the model I have (gs extreme 1.0s) had some issues, I h ad to send the first pair back due to high pitched squealing. But the current model 2.0s are said to have better battery and better Audio quality. Also walkers game ears (which have been around along time, make products of all price points. Can you really put a price on your hearing??? Mine is certainly worth more to me than $200. Sorry for the off topic rant… I just wanted to say something if it helped someone prevent hearing loss
$200 is a lot cheaper than $6,000 to $8,000 hearing aids.

Back when I got mine they were $5,000.

Heard you can get them thru the VA much cheaper, but no VA close to me.

Latest posts

Back