Muzzleloader Blow Up

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, intent aside, if you improperly load or use the wrong propellant in a muzzle loader then you end up with an unintentional pipe bomb. Sometimes you have to paint a visual for these young men before they grasp the consequence of their actions

no disagreement Daddymaggot. Just clarification. All is good. I dont even keep my "black powder" on the same shelf as my smokeless.

This thread took an unexpected turn, but I’ll join in on the ?debate? thats going on here... I fault the manager of the store 100% for placing anyone behind the counter in any department who has no, or very limited, knowledge in the area that they are working.
Not saying everyone doesn’t deserve a chance, but they should be adequately trained in the area they are supposed to be experts in. Our safety is at risk in situations dealing with gunpowder and the un-unformed.
I was speaking with a sporting goods associate several years ago who, was trying to convince me that I needed to shoot a 2117 arrow out of my bow, (because that’s what he shot) when Eastons arrow chart showed I clearly needed a 2319 or 2514 or stiffer splined shaft. He couldn’t even figure out how to use the arrow chart. I had to show him. Once again, not properly trained,100% the managers fault for turning someone loose to give advice to, ofttimes, those who know no more than he or she does. That’s why we’re in there asking in the first place..
We are all responsible for our own safety. Go in to that store, well informed, and let’s help educate the uninformed. Let’s just make sure and add “in my opinion” if it’s not established facts...

Back