Muzzleloader.com - scope pkgs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rvrrat14

Reaction score
Looking at Optima 2 scope pkg as a first time mz.

Interested in opinons on these two scopes only.

KonusPro 275

Muzzleloader.com 3-9x40

This will be my first mz to be used for hunting mostly from 30-125 yds.

Thanks!

Not a big fan of either scopes and I like muzzle-loaders having bought stuff/guns from them over the years. I sighted in a friends Wolf before hunting season and I had a heck of a time getting the reticle to focus on his MZ-loaders scope. Once I got it as good as I could the scope itself seemed like poor glass quality. Hard for me to explain but it messed with my eyes/brain. The Konus scopes I have that came with my packages were at least clear and bright. He may have just got a bad scope.
John

I bought an Optima from them with no scope and it had the one piece mount on it. Put an inexpensive Sightron Sih scope on that I really like. Seems like I saw them on the forum somewhere on sale for $99. I'd buy this scope personally before I'd buy the Konus. Remember to Hammer em with a Thor.

The Burris fullfield II are a hard scope to beat for the price. I just did the math and on muzzleloaders.com there asking $120 more for a konus package. You can get the Burris fullfield II on Amazon for $149 (and that’s not even shopping around for a lower price elsewhere). So for about $50 more (including the price of scope rings) you will get a much better rifle/scope combo. Just my opinion though

The Burris fullfield II are a hard scope to beat for the price. I just did the math and on muzzleloaders.com there asking $120 more for a konus package. You can get the Burris fullfield II on Amazon for $149 (and that’s not even shopping around for a lower price elsewhere). So for about $50 more (including the price of scope rings) you will get a much better rifle/scope combo. Just my opinion though
Another good choice.

Back