Muzzleloader Doe 01/08/2021

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boreal

Reaction score
It's been a very busy fall/winter for me and although I spent a few weeks hunting out of state I've hardly hunted New Jersey at all. I've just been too busy.

Today I left work early, took care of a few things and found myself with a couple of daylight hours to spare. There are two standing dead red oaks in my woods that I need to drop but instead of my chainsaw I grabbed my Omega and went out to sit in a treestand.

About an hour into my sit seven does came walking single file and walked past me between the creek and the high bank my stand is on. This was the biggest doe in the group. I let her pass me and when she was about 40 yards past and I was pretty sure a buck wasn't in the group too I took my shot. She only ran about 35 to 40 yards and dropped.

Attachments

• 20210108_164115.jpg
    20210108_164115.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 41
Even our second/late rut appears to be well over, here. Just 2 nights ago, in the field behind my house, had a huge 10 point standing next to 2 does just a-munching on some carrots. Not giving each other a second glance

Good choice taking the ml. The oak trees will still be there, waiting for you, next time.

Back