Muzzleloader scope??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iahunter87

Reaction score
Trying to decide on a new scope for my next gun. Currently have a Nikon omega bdc muzzle scope on my triumph. Have been looking into Nikon new bdc muzzleloading scope and also vortex cross fire 2 and the diamondback hp as a possible second option. Toying with idea of buying a standard reticle and just sighting it high at 100 yrds and doing away with a bdc reticle....

I really like Burris and Nikon scopes , if your not going to be shooting over 150 yds or so would just go with standard duplex..
I do like BDC reticles for shooting longer distance shooting though, it doesn't hurt if you have one nothing says you have to use it..

..........Toying with idea of buying a standard reticle and just sighting it high at 100 yrds and doing away with a bdc reticle....

Another option is to sight the rifle exact at 100 yard, and learn the hold over at 150, 175, and 200 yard. The reason for this is i just grew tired of always hitting deer high. Most shots seem to be 100 yard, or less. Once, i had a bdc reticle; that didn't last long. Another option that works real good, is a cds dial.

I keep a watch on SWFA’s Sample List and have recently picked up a Kahles and Swarovski 1.5 x 6’s with 30mm tubes for less than $500 as well as a couple of older Nikon Golds in the same power. They are great scopes and much better optics than the newer “muzzleloader” scopes at current prices. It does take a little time getting use to the 1st focal plane scopes made in Europe.

I really don't like most BDC type reticles either. Most seem to have too much clutter for me, and I rarely shoot at a distance where it would be needed.
I'm a big fan of Sightron's also. I have them on quite a few ML's. Personally I like 3-9's typically on my rifles.

Back