Muzzleloader scopes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah eye relief is better than any of the regular Diamondbacks and similar to some of the Vipers. Glass is on par with some of the Vipers too. MidwayUSA also has the 2.5x10x44 Viper HS plex on sale for $250. They get these way more often.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020461155?pid=439467
Occasionally they have that Viper HS in the 4x16 on sale also.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020931297?pid=112283
I'll attest to the eye relief on the regular Diamondbacks. My 6.5 mm currently sports a 4-12×40 Diamondback. Overall, not a bad scope but the 3.5 inches of eye relief has the scope mounted a little further back than normal. Not a really big issue with the 6.5 mm but I wouldn't necessarily want it on my 45-70. The HP should be a nice update.

Received my scope today. Extremely nice optics to my eyes. Clear and extremely bright to me. Reticle is not as cluttered as some I've used. A bit heavier than anticipated but should not be an issue - hunt from a stand. A great value for the money I think.

Received my scope today. Extremely nice optics to my eyes. Clear and extremely bright to me. Reticle is not as cluttered as some I've used. A bit heavier than anticipated but should not be an issue - hunt from a stand. A great value for the money I think.

That is pretty much how i feel about my 3x12. The glass is very good for a $200 scope. While im not a fan of BDCs ect, the reticle is just fine but i would prefer a plex. Its just slightly heavy and lighter than many Vipers. LOVE the eye relief.

Check yours on max magnification. That has been the only complaint ive seen.

So at 14 and 16x i notice a shadow around the edges. vignetting? Center is still clear so i don't think it will bother me. Too focused on the center with the cross hairs and not reallly looking full field of view like a telescope or binos. I can see where it would bother some.

Yes it does and I had it set to infinity as I was focused on a cell tower that was a good half a mile away. But I will play with that next time. Thank you.
John

Back