Muzzleloader tool box/range box

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earnhard3

Reaction score
What is everyone using for a range box or a supply box? Looking online theres a few good choices, just not sold on one. Looking to store powder, tools, cleaning supplies. Basically take it on a trip and i can do anything.

This one has served me pretty well for many years. I am sure there is probably something better now - but I will keep this set up.

MLTools2.jpg

I have a box like Sabotloader's. Works real well. I carry all of my measured [weighed] charges in tubes in plastic shotshell cases. My range rod slips into one of the gun cases.

Encore, they no longer make that box and an internet search proved fruitless. Really like the way that box is setup.

Gives me a few ideas. I have a plano thats has kicked the bucket. Its narrow and tall but served me well.

I sent Stanley Black and Decker an e-mail requesting the status of the FatMax 20" Metal-Plastic Tool Box with Drawer. We will have to see what their response is.

I would like to have one so I could fabricate an insert similar to the one ENCORE50A has made for his plastic Lanes tubes, to fit the glass vials that I purchased from Discount Vials.

This has been my range box for years (it was doubling as a wood shed that day - it's hickory fer cookin'). I learnt from Idaho Lewis that it doubles as a super-solid rifle rest, too!!

IMG_20200526_163858756_HDR~2.jpg

...by the way, have I ever told you guys the story about how I'm a disorganized pig?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back