My 2020 Whitetail Buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn’t tell by pic. What’s your thought on age? I was thinking 3- 3 1/2.
Regardless a fine deer. Make anyone a happy hunter.

Targets and Big Game are 2 VERY Different things, I don’t shoot at Big Game Animals that Far away with open sights, i have WAY more Respect for the Big Game i hunt than to take “Crack Shots” at them like that. 200-250 Yards is a LONG ways out there on a Deer with Open Sights, Even though I know i can make those Shots Day in and Day out on a Target, I won’t chance it on a Living, Breathing Creature that i have the UTMOST Respect for. To me, It boils down to Ethics, And the way i see it? It’s just not an Ethical thing to do. Now if that were a Coyote, or a Wolf, I would Take Shots at ANY Range

With my Scoped Rifle here, i was able to Tuck in behind this Bucks Front Shoulder with FULL CONFIDENCE and Put my Bullet through his Lungs, He didn’t go 30-40 Yards, ZERO Meat Damage
Yes I agree I was just messing with you ! Personally I like it when there so close you can smell em !

Wow! Great buck! I chased a big Adirondack buck a couple weeks ago. Couldn't get close enough to him to shoot. Thick NY cedar forest keeps them hidden real well. Hope to get back before the season ends.

Wow! Great buck! I chased a big Adirondack buck a couple weeks ago. Couldn't get close enough to him to shoot. Thick NY cedar forest keeps them hidden real well. Hope to get back before the season ends.

Good luck Partner! I hope you get him!

P.S. WELCOME to the Modern Muzzleloader Forum, Glad to see you here :lewis:

Not yet. One shooter yesterday (opener) but he was chasing a doe and no shot. Second shooter, a wide 8pt, but his tines weren't much more than an inch long, which got a pass.
My hunting for the year will be done in a week I just found out.

Congratulations. Great Looking Buck! Encore, why will your hunting be done in a week?

Congratulations. Great Looking Buck! Encore, why will your hunting be done in a week?
I'm scheduled for extensive nasal surgery on the 24th, which I'm told has a long/er recovery time.
Reconstruction of my nasal passages, then they will balloon all 16 of my sinuses.
I've had a really nasty year with nose issues, requiring repeated visits to ER.

Back