my beagle pack

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pack! Looks like you have a range of age. Always loved to run rabbits with beagles. My uncle started me off when I was 10,he had 2. We would hunt cottontail and snows. My friend had a trio of dogs and i 1. Did this for years when i was younger. Your bringing me back in the day! Good luck and thanks for sharing.

I don’t know anybody that still hunts rabbits and pheasants anymore locally around Easton PA due to Warehouses and housing developments being built and taking over all of the fields. My sons father-in-law use to go out his back door and have his limit on pheasants within two hours. Now he hasn’t seen a pheasant or rabbit in years.

They are neat little Dogs :lewis: I use to have a Small pack of Beagles i rabbit hunted

Nice looking dog's, nothing better then watching a beagle work and the smell of gunpowder first thing in the morning,it was good for the soul.

Love the little guys last hunt club I was with used them, as I remember they where the 14" high ones to hunt push deer in the swamps

Nothing like hearing a pack screaming on a swamp rabbit! When i was younger i had as many as 25 at one time.

Nice bunch of hounds!! We just got our first pup a few weeks ago, he’s a beagle /jack Russell mix. It’s fun to watch them work........

Here is my pack from last weekend. He barely breaks into a jog while "running" a rabbit. He is a good old boy.

Attachments

• 20210206_144527.jpg
    20210206_144527.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 9
Yesterday was a perfect day for rabbit hunting in the Thumb of Michigan. We had two beagles out and hunted 20 acres for 2 hours. We just let the dogs keep chasing. At one point we had 3 rabbits going at one time. We did kill a couple for the dogs about the time we needed to leave. Great fun.

Love Beagles I've owned 3 over the years. Here's my last one as a pup:
Heidi1.jpg

Im debating getting a beagle. In the best of all worlds I would like a beagle to hunt pheasant and rabbit. I know that's asking a lot. I have 2 grandsons 3 1/2 and 1 1/2. I think in time they would love to hunt with grandpa and his beagle.

My Beagle was better at birds of all kind than my hunting buddy's Lab. A Beagle will hunt great anything you train it to.

I've been keeping beagle hounds for over 30 yrs now. our state does the put and take pheasants . my buddies and I have a lot of fun in November hunting them. we have had many that were ok at it and a few that were great. I really don't know why some are better at the pheasants that others. I think with the electronics we have now and using them to break the hound off deer (which is a must) I think as the dog gets older and wiser he smells anything other than rabbit he just leaves it alone for the most part.

Latest posts

Back