My new build

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makinsmoke

Reaction score
20220327_205706.jpg
I finally finished my 45 smokeless ML build. 26" brux, , 1-20 twist, savage large ring short action, Boyd's thumbhole. Fired 2 from the deck just to make sure I gotter right, I did. Gotta get it on paper and work on some loads. Have H4198 and 275 gr fury's, should get something to work..lol

That is an awesome build- I am having a similar one built, but am using a Remington action- same Brux barrel. I can't wait to experiment with various loads. I can't see what scope you have on there-that is still something I am debating. What state will you be using it in for the most part?

If you don't mind me asking what did the coating cost? Also wondering about how durable it is. Thanks for sharing!
They call it a can, in a can. It comes in a aerosol, like normal spray paint, on the bottom of the can is a " button ".When you press it it combines the 2 parts of the epoxy. You need to clean the parts really well with acetone, then a few light coats. ( no baking ect. ) There's enough to do 2 guns. I've done a few over the years ,and it has held up great. My son's browning A-bolt at least 10 years ago, still perfect.
A can with shipping was about $100, it used to be 1/2 that, go figure. Definitely worth it in my opinion. Prep means everything, though.

That is an awesome build- I am having a similar one built, but am using a Remington action- same Brux barrel. I can't wait to experiment with various loads. I can't see what scope you have on there-that is still something I am debating. What state will you be using it in for the most part?
It's a sightron 3x9 , nothing fancy, but will get me shooting until I figure out what to eventually put on it, plus ( $$$$ lol. ). Hunting in Pa and NY, I find myself hunting with a muzzleloader even in regular gun season. So it'll get some use. Only thing, it's certainly not a " walking " gun. Didn't weigh it, but if i carried it up a mountain in the Catskills, I'd bet it would feel like 150 lbs..
Good luck with yours, looking forward to the pics.

Beautiful looking smokepole. About how much does it weigh and where did you purchase your barrel from. Ty
I got the barrel from Hanks precision.
I just weighed it 12.25 lbs, not a walking rifle for a old guy thats for sure.
I think I'll name it
OL'STUMP SITTER 😆

Latest posts

Back