My New Portable Casting Station

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several States that get Colder than here. We get a little bit of everything here, But i would say we are Best known for Deep Snow Fall, at least here in North Idaho. 6 Feet of Snow is not uncommon here, The Average Yearly Snowfall is 62 inches.

There are times i wish i lived in a Warmer State, But With Warmer Climates you have MANY more People, Places like California, Arizona, Florida, Etc. Are Jam Packed CROWDED with people, I would rather tough out the Harsher Winters Here and Deal with less People, than endure the Crowds of People the Warmer States have. But Fact is, We are Growing at an ALARMING Rate, Idaho is nearly owned by California, They FLOOD this Place
There is one climate contest which South Dakota and its northern neighbor win handily year over year. The political climate may be the most freedom friendly in these United States...

There are several States that get Colder than here. We get a little bit of everything here, But i would say we are Best known for Deep Snow Fall, at least here in North Idaho. 6 Feet of Snow is not uncommon here, The Average Yearly Snowfall is 62 inches.

There are times i wish i lived in a Warmer State, But With Warmer Climates you have MANY more People, Places like California, Arizona, Florida, Etc. Are Jam Packed CROWDED with people, I would rather tough out the Harsher Winters Here and Deal with less People, than endure the Crowds of People the Warmer States have. But Fact is, We are Growing at an ALARMING Rate, Idaho is nearly owned by California, They FLOOD this Place

I hear you mate, we're a bit like that too here with Melbourne people (our CA). Just talking to a guy at work on Monday about a neighbour on his farm that moved in a couple of years ago from the city. Still calls the police every time they go for a shot on their own place. No hunter harassment laws here.

Ever thought about getting out to AK? That was always my dream prior to wife and kids.

Ya Lewis ,I lived in Missoula Mt. For a few, talking to a lady who has family there and said you would not like it there now all covered with California people. Thought about moving back there after my parents passed but stayed here in Pa glad I did. Ya my ice fishing gear has not seen the ice in ten years. I like my wood stove and work bench building guns . Waiting for warm spring to do my shooting.

Lewis, what's your take on your BLUEFIRE torch heads. Since you have a couple you must like them.

Lewis, what's your take on your BLUEFIRE torch heads. Since you have a couple you must like them.

Absolutely LOVE em!! :lewis: That is how i Pre-Heat my IRON/STEEL Molds & get them up to Casting Temp, These 2 BlueFire’s Make it a QUICK & CLEAN process. I learned this Tip/Technique recently from a Good Friend that i have the Utmost respect for, He Casts the NICEST Alloy Bullets i have EVER seen, His Bullets are 2nd to NONE! His Molds Don’t Heat Discolor, After he Casts with a Brand New Mold you can NOT tell the Mold was ever used.

In short, My old method took 8 minutes to get up to Temp, and it was messy, you have to be REALLY Careful with Nose pour Style Molds When Soaking them in the Lead/Alloy bringing them up to Temp, if you get ANY Lead in & around the Pivot/Core Pin you have a MESS to deal with. These 2 BlueFire Torches END all of that :lewis: instead of Sitting for 8 Minutes with my Molds dipped in the Lead/Alloy waiting on them to get up to Temp, it takes me 2 Minutes with these BlueFire’s ;) My Molds stay Clean as New, especially since i use Bottom Pour Lead Pots, I don’t have to Wipe lead off the Exterior anymore. WIN WIN :lewis:

I've been using a Bernzomatic TS4000 to heat my molds for sometime but some times the on/off trigger sticks and the flame won't shut off so I was looking for a replacement and the BLUEFIRE torch heads are reasonably priced.

I've been using a Bernzomatic TS4000 to heat my molds for sometime but some times the on/off trigger sticks and the flame won't shut off so I was looking for a replacement and the BLUEFIRE torch heads are reasonably priced.

I caught mine on Sale at Tractor Supply for 20 Bucks a piece :lewis: Appears they are Stil on Sale. I might pick up another one just to Have on Hand
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/mr-torch-cyclone-propane-torch-head
ugoeUhf.jpg

This is how i Run them, Pointed at Each other, Slightly away, With enough room for the Mold between them. Simply turn the Mold Around Between the 2 Flames, Sorta Like a Marshmallow over a Campfire :D Works like a Dream :lewis:
usTmT8P.jpg

That’s MISERABLE Cold my Friend! You guy’s get Colder on average than we do, and We usually get more Snow, Wouldn’t you say Chet?

This has sure been an odd year for here, We don’t have ANY Snow here in Town, I can see my Yard. I have never seen this here Before?
Yea i concur. When i was there looking for bear there was snow. Plenty of snow😁 i think you get lots more snow and we get colder temps overall. Not sure which is worse.😁 coyote fur should sure be prime here now though after this spell

The Adirondack Park about central of upstate NY gets 8' of lake effect snow. It's where most snowmobilers go in the NE. I love to hunt there, big deer, snow in October for tracking. I don't mind driving 5 hours for good hunting with little pressure.

Latest posts

Back