my new uberti 1860 army 44 colt conversion.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strong eagle

Reaction score
my new uberti 1860 army 44 colt conversion.

was going to buy a kirst cylinder with a loading gate. they would not sell me one because they said uberti did some changes and it was too hard to fit theirs to the new 1860 army uberti colt. so went to buffalo arms and bought a howell on and saved some money. was worried that it may not fit but came to day and fit perfectly. my gun comes apart with ease and fast so reloading is fast and easy. i polished the cylinders up to 1500 grit and so that a .452 bullet passes with ease through the exit part of the cylinder. also i put a better forcing cone on the back of the barrel. i have to use my reloads with it as i seat the bullet deep enough so they fit in the howell cylinder with out sticking out. some shooters use 45 schofield cases as they are shorter. i will stick with the 45 long colt and just seat my bullets a 1/16 deeper than bought factory loads. the gun off hand shoots a very tight group at 25 yards 4 inches high. in the up coming days i will with my high end mini files make the sight notch deeper so it sights point to aim at 25 yards with my hand loads. i really like the gun and the cylinder, will have a lot of fun shooting it.

Re: my new uberti 1860 army 44 colt conversion.

Sounds like a great gun Roger! Folks Roger knows his stuff, makes some fine shooting rifles and has some customized pistols that are beautiful and shoot great also!

Latest posts

Back