My Traditional Bows

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.45er

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a pic or two of my other hunting passion.

sewcOw1.jpg

lUXRM3A.jpg

Yes...I do make my own arrows. Wood is port orford cedar. At my age it's a REAL treat to carry such a light hunting weapon compared to my compound bow. Bow wood is Osage orange.
Thanks for lookin'.. :)

Hunted traditional for years, my shoulders and back cant handle even a compound anymore but loved shooting my recurves and longbows.
Nice looking bows.

Hunted traditional for years, my shoulders and back cant handle even a compound anymore but loved shooting my recurves and longbows.
Nice looking bows.
My strength isn't able to handle my 70# compound anymore, so rather than buy a new compound I'm back to my 52# traditional bows. Love the carry weight.

Nice bows ,did you craft them ? My bows were store bought (Fred Asbell )Big Horn take down , fed the girls for 30+yrs never got good enough for self bows !!!/Edm

No store-boughts here. These bows are custom made by a friend of mine in Pennsylvania who is a master bowyer. I only craft my own arrows.

Beautiful bows for sure. I always used Black Diamond or Groves bows when I was in the recurve stage. One thing I see in the arrows are those Zwicky heads. Between those and Bear's traditional broadheads with the razor inserts a lot of deer fell dead for me.

When my go-to archery shop closed it's doors the owner was getting ready for the "big sale". I was helping him get things priced and set up before hand and he sold me every last Bear head he had, just over a case and a half of them, at a really crazy low price and I used those heads until I had to give up archery. I made my own arrows as well and when I sold the arrow making goodies the heads went to the buyer.

Beautiful bows for sure. I always used Black Diamond or Groves bows when I was in the recurve stage. One thing I see in the arrows are those Zwicky heads. Between those and Bear's traditional broadheads with the razor inserts a lot of deer fell dead for me.

When my go-to archery shop closed it's doors the owner was getting ready for the "big sale". I was helping him get things priced and set up before hand and he sold me every last Bear head he had, just over a case and a half of them, at a really crazy low price and I used those heads until I had to give up archery. I made my own arrows as well and when I sold the arrow making goodies the heads went to the buyer.
They look like Zwicky heads, but they are the Classic 2 blade MAGNUS heads.

Back