name the critter in my garden

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordfisher

Reaction score
last week I noticed my watermellon vines drying up. thought it was lack of water. at one point vines were so healthy I coulndnt tell where the hills were. Went to water them and noticed dug out paths around the hills. some critter has been digging trenches above ground and shredding anything in the way. including vines. It has killed about 8 of 25 watermellons. Thought it might be a mole but these trenches about 3 inches wide are on the surface not under ground. And at one point he dug a tunnel right through a hill and out the other side. looked like an errant practice round went right through the hill but the trenches going to the hill were crooked and my green mountain barrel doesnt shoot crooked. anyone have an idea what type critter this might be. and more important, how does one harvest the little pest?

Look at night with a big spot light, you might be able to dissolve this mystery urself. Try a couple rat traps lightly buried in dirt or place them in buried into a hill shoe boxes with a hole cut into them. Bait them with small piece of hamburger and another with peanut butter. Or get creative with fireworks.

Mole is my best guess. Maybe put some poison down into the hole.

ground squirrels or some call them a striped chipmunk have been tearing my garden up. I saw one chewing to tomato plant off. So we fixed him real fast with a .22 caliber pop to the head.

cayuga

no, pop pop goes the weasel! I use my Gamo ari rifle on those little suckers. . Lot's of fun and quiet for the neighbors.

Latest posts

Back