• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Navy Arms Hawken “Hunter” .58 Caliber

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
This is a Fairly Rare, Hard to Find Sidelock. I Bought this Rifle Brand New unfired a few years ago, or there abouts? I’ve decided to let it go, it just sits in my Safe, I did Fire the Rifle 2 Different outings with Patched Roundball, 10-15 Shots Total? Rifle was Meticulously Cleaned, oiled and Put Away. This Rifle is a Slow Twist 3 Groove, The best of my understanding it was Designed to Shoot BIG HEAVY Minie Balls. And was Proofed with 200 Grains of 3F Powder :) The Barrel is HEAVY 1-1/8” Across the Flats

This Rifle has some Really neat History Behind it if you dig it up, It was a somewhat of “Pet Project” of Old Man Val Forgett’s of Navy Arms, He took one of these to Africa and Shot About Everything BIG that Walks there. The African Hunt Story can be Read about in the 1975 Lyman Handbook, The projectile he used was a 610 grain thick skirted mini from a mold made by Shiloh Products. It was loaded on top of 180 grains of FFFg.

450.00 and you pay actual Shipping and Insurance

Supposedly This was the Bullet he used in Africa, This is NOT My Picture
52TizTVm.jpg

I bought 2 New Treso/Ampco Nipples for this Rifle that will Go with it, a No. 11, and a Musket Nipple

46vTAbal.jpg

EVERYTHING about this Rifle is Built HEAVY STOUT, Solid Stainless Steel Ramrod With Brass End Ball, Even The under Rib is Solid Brass for Weight
n6KBkJZl.jpg

6pVwm0Ml.jpg

XPJpGGel.jpg

IgdGvAil.jpg

hgYLO5Kl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back