Need .40-82 data for 400gr cast with Blackhorn 209 and AA5744 or Shooters World Buffalo Rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TammyM

Reaction score
I need to find a source for 400gr .409/.410 (preferably gas checked) lead/tin alloy bullets. I live in a small apartment now and my casting gear is in storage. Before I went overseas for a job in 2004, I was shooting a C Sharps Highwall in .40-65 (since sold) with my own 400gr Brooks Snover bullets and 1-1/2 Fg Swiss in BPCR Silhouette matches.

I also need loading data for a 400gr cast bullet in my .40-82 (Dave Higginbotham/Lone Star chamber) Pedersoli '74 Sharps with AA 5744 or Shooters World Buffalo Rifle and also Blackhorn 209 powders.

TammyM

Check out a company called Montana Bullet Works on line. They probably have a bullet in their line up that will work for your set up. I have bought from them for my 40-65 roller and the bullets were good quality and can be ordered with BP lube (SPG) or smokeless. Prices aren't to bad either.

Check out a company called Montana Bullet Works on line. They probably have a bullet in their line up that will work for your set up. I have bought from them for my 40-65 roller and the bullets were good quality and can be ordered with BP lube (SPG) or smokeless. Prices aren't to bad either.
Ive bought from them. Good bullets.

Last edited:
Back