Need a little help identifying

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I pick up old bottles in the woods, parts off of old cars, (to sell) sheds (antlers)and the orphaned gun. Someone has stripped all the markings off this white? Serial number is WS 5102. Bore is real good. Minor pitting breech area. I'm guessing it is a White tail stainless.
Wasn't a 100% sure it was a white, 23 inch barrel, plastic stock..

Attachments

• DSCN0556.JPG
    DSCN0556.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN0555.JPG
    DSCN0555.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN0557.JPG
    DSCN0557.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 63
I pick up old bottles in the woods, parts off of old cars, (to sell) sheds (antlers)and the orphaned gun. Someone has stripped all the markings off this white? Serial number is WS 5102. Bore is real good. Minor pitting breech area. I'm guessing it is a White tail stainless.
Either someone was forgetful or had sticky fingers but that is a lucky find for sure/Ed

There is a 72 on trigger housing and BOLD on the other side. That's it for writing anywhere. Except serial number. Measured its a .504

Bold triggers were used by White. But there are a couple of copy-cats out there that also look like Whites...

Haven't seen it walk yet or quack, but it looks like a duck.
Has "BELL&CARLSON" on butt plate.
Starting on making a new 100yd range on my Gloucester property tomorrow. I guess we will try it and the .451 when we get it finished.

[/. G series whitetail I have the same gun 22-in barrel

You found that in the woods?
No at a gun show. I still have guns I'm looking for and can cruse the rows of merchants at a decent pace. I pay little mind to the bigger boys and a lot to the one table used guns folks, that are not regulars.
I support Pheasants Forever, and when my Kinfolk "graduate, I want to support their new habit/pastime with something that fits them.

How are the barrel length measured? from muzzle To the beginning of breech or muzzle to anchor lug
That's a good question. I have two Thompson Centers that measure 27" and 29" from tip to tip. I've never seen odd ball lengths like these before. Stamped just the same with Thompson Center on the barrel in 50 and 54 caliber. They both look like pictured Renegade. Serial number on one is 3001 other starts with 32 and 4 digits to follow. Any ideas what I might have?

Latest posts

Back