Need advice on new inline rifle for hunting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the same trigger as the Bergara B-14 series rifles. A TriggerTech is used on the new Pro model.

Sorry, been off line dealing with a daughter who has covid. My apologies to all. I truly appreciate all the input/advice here. You all are super, and I appreciate the info. When I mentioned I was looking for a rifle that I could depend on out to 350 yards, thats pushing it, but had to ask. I would have EVERY intention of stalking much closer, and I would never make an unethical shot at any animal. The Knight rifles look great, but I've read some negative reviews on these, but these reviews are a few years old of course. I am continuing to reread all your opinions.

I'm sorry about your daughter. I'll say a prayer for her.

Go ahead and call me a jerk for ragging on you. I deserve it.

I see the CVA optima V2 for sale on the forum, but I unfortunately cannot reply to the seller by pm. At this time , I have "insufficient privileges to reply here".

My bad, was able to send seller a pm. Interesting reading the "pros and cons" of the 50 cal. vs 45 cal. Recoil is obviously a big factor, along with bullet drop when you get up to the 50.

News flash...Knight is coming out with at least one very long distance shooting rifle. They are hush hush on it now but should be released soon. I heard of it first on there FB page and then talked to Justin who also mentioned it but could not give me any details.

News flash...Knight is coming out with at least one very long distance shooting rifle. They are hush hush on it now but should be released soon. I heard of it first on there FB page and then talked to Justin who also mentioned it but could not give me any details.

Yes, there is a topic about it already. Im pretty sure its not going to be close to $800 and they have made some changes suggested more than once on this board.

Yeah ,a new design Knight long range rifle may probably run close to $2K, but who knows. The stock alone w/adjustable combs are pricey to begin with. I was researching some older threads, and I see rifles like the NULA 50 cal. were a topic of discussion as far as an accuracy point of view is concerned. Not sure if they were designed for a longer range shot, or just that they were extremely accurate to begin with. But reading many older threads, many CVA models and Knight rifles could be very accurate too.

The NULA was not intended as a long range rifle. Mine however does have a longer and slightly heavier barrel than the standard offering. Any of the better made 45 fast twists are a better choice unless weight is the deciding factor.

Woodman offers the Patriot rifle for as low as $800 in a 45 1-24 but they also offer a faster twist/s using a Brux barrel for another $200. It too is in the light weight category.
https://woodmanarms.com/shop.php

I shoot a T/C Strike using BH 209 powder and a CCI 209 primer to propel a Harvester 300 grain PT gold bullet with their black crushed rib sabot using a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 scope. It is a solid 200-yard shooter and if I had a conveniently located range longer than 200 yards, I’d have a longer opinion.

I shoot a T/C Strike using BH 209 powder and a CCI 209 primer to propel a Harvester 300 grain PT gold bullet with their black crushed rib sabot using a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 scope. It is a solid 200-yard shooter and if I had a conveniently located range longer than 200 yards, I’d have a longer opinion.

You meen the rifle and scope that is no longer made right? I would also ask if you could stop copy and pasting the same post over and over. That would be great. Thank you.

Hello all,
I am new here, and want to get into muzzleloading and looking at modern inline rifle for whitetails, out to maybe 350 yds. Like I mentioned, I have never hunted with a muzzleloader before. I really would like one of the new inline rifles, but need to know what you would recommend, and what loads you now use. I was thinking of a rifle in the $600-$800 range?? Thank you again and I appreciate any help possible.
Rob in MO
Cva v2lr 90-100 grs bh209 and a federal bor lok 270 gr should be able to buy the gun with the scope and case and all the other possibles for 800

You meen the rifle and scope that is no longer made right? I would also ask if you could stop copy and pasting the same post over and over. That would be great. Thank you.
It's much easier than keyboarding the same post over and over. :p

Ask ninering here on this site what he's doing with his CVA Acura 45 cal and a 40 cal bullet,,he's got a nice load worked up,, much easier rifle to carry than paramount fully equipped

What was that combination for a hunting .45 Cal Muzzleloader with a .40 Cal Bullet? Any help would be appreciated! Thx!

I just purchased the .45 CVA Accura MRX, which is awesome & would love to give some updates to the forum on what works best for the .45 (understanding less options for .45), but I'm new and really appreciate a bit of guidance!

You could also get into casting and cast your own. IdahoLewis designed a fantastic bullet on the Accurate Molds.com website called 45-340I. Several of us bought it and are getting great results in accuracy with 80gr weighed of Swiss 2F powder.

You could also get into casting and cast your own. IdahoLewis designed a fantastic bullet on the Accurate Molds.com website called 45-340I. Several of us bought it and are getting great results in accuracy with 80gr weighed of Swiss 2F powder.
Such a great idea. TY! This is a little above my pay grade to start, but as I progress, I would love to work with a mold!

Have had the same experience with my Redemption. I get a three inch group at 200yds with 250grn tez. I think the gun would shoot even better with someone a better shooter than me.👍

Have had the same experience with my Redemption. I get a three inch group at 200yds with 250grn tez. I think the gun would shoot even better with someone a better shooter than me.👍
My Redemption loaded with Harvester White Lightning’s, 110gr by volume load of Blackhorn 209 is good to 300 yards. Recoil is punishing, but it’s workable.

This guy took 3 Hornady SST’s 300 gr. behind the shoulder from 289 yards.

IMG_0279.jpeg

Latest posts

Back