Need help finding Musket caps in the southeast texas area

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbtresident

Reaction score
Looking for local supply store for muzzleloading supplies. I live in LaBelle which is South of Beaumont, Texas, so anything from Houston to Southwest Louisianna would work. Thanks
If anybody locally has any Musket Caps I would definately be interested.

Good luck finding anything like caps and powder at a local store. It's not that they can't get them, or that they don't want to. It's a case of it's not economically viable for them to stock a few caps and a couple pounds of the holy black on the off chance of you strolling in and buying them.

Your best be for anything consumable like powder and caps is online. Yeah, there's a hazmat charge but if you pool your order with some reenactors or a NMLRA Charter Club, it goes down fast.

Past that, avoid CCI current production. They're garbage for any kind of accuracy work. The old 6 wings were the gold standard till a reenactor sued them and they quit making the good stuff. These days it's RWS or Schuetzen.

IIRC, Schuetzen is located in TX, do some research and see if you can get some caps from them.

Someone had told me Ables, I think it was, but when I was in Baytown someone called them and they did not have any.

Not local but Powder Valley has some in stock. I check their webpage everyday for #11s. Did buy 3 pounds of BP there last night.

Looking for local supply store for muzzleloading supplies. I live in LaBelle which is South of Beaumont, Texas, so anything from Houston to Southwest Louisianna would work. Thanks
If anybody locally has any Musket Caps I would definately be interested.
Hey just saw your post from 2022 did you ever find the caps you were looking for

Back