Need help identifying nipple thread size in Renegade

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVAED

Reaction score
Guys I have a Renegade that I was about to replace the nipple with a 1/4 x 28 like my other TCs. The slide in pretty easy. I looked at the old nipple and it said 20 on the side. I measured the outside diameter of the threads and they appear to be .265 where the 1/4 ones are .250 (obviously). Am i looking at 5/16 x20? I suppose someone must have retapped this at some point. Any thoughts?

Guys I have a Renegade that I was about to replace the nipple with a 1/4 x 28 like my other TCs. The slide in pretty easy. I looked at the old nipple and it said 20 on the side. I measured the outside diameter of the threads and they appear to be .265 where the 1/4 ones are .250 (obviously). Am i looking at 5/16 x20? I suppose someone must have retapped this at some point. Any thoughts?

Someone put an oversize nipple in the rifle, You can purchase oversize from Track of the Wolf

Scroll down and you will find 255, 260, 265 etc
https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/64/2

My renegade nipple measure .246-.247 . 5/16 = .3125 Sounds like someone has tapped the rifle for an oversized (custom) nipple. Lewis beat me in responding.:lewis:

Last edited:
Well just made it back from the hardware store. Their gauges had nothing exact. 5/16 is way too big. The only thread even close was M7x1.0. It would start in it and then get too tight. So I am somewhat at a loss as to what to do. I don't know whether to contact track of the wolf and have them send me a few different ones or just consider taping it to something that is more available to me. Of course I would have to order it anyway.

I looked at Track and found 1/4 x 28 oversize. One of them was .10, .15 and .20. The nipple I have has 20 written on it so I ordered the 20 over one. I hoping for the best. The one I have is still usable, just wanted to go ahead and get another one for when I need it.

Latest posts

Back