NEF Huntsman PR breech plug issue

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of powder are you shooting? My NEF always seemed to hangfire using pyrodex pellets and the orange disks.

I have the same breech plug from Cecil and CCI Magnum 209 primers fit fine, in mine.

I have the larger plug (I think it's 7/8") like yours...

Looking for a new breech plug for my NEF huntsman. 7/8" diameter?

Attachments

• 20221014_223409.jpg
    20221014_223409.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I have some H&R BP barrels for the Handi-Rifle. Some of the older breech plugs just slide in with an O-ring to seal it, while others thread in - which do you have? Also, the older ones used a #11 cap, hence the firing "pin" was flat and significantly larger in diameter than the regular Handi-Rifle firing pin. Later on H&R (or maybe they were NEF by that time) switched to using a 209 primer to ignite their BP rifles - the latest ones also had a plastic holder for the 209 primer.

I have some H&R BP barrels for the Handi-Rifle. Some of the older breech plugs just slide in with an O-ring to seal it, while others thread in - which do you have? Also, the older ones used a #11 cap, hence the firing "pin" was flat and significantly larger in diameter than the regular Handi-Rifle firing pin. Later on H&R (or maybe they were NEF by that time) switched to using a 209 primer to ignite their BP rifles - the latest ones also had a plastic holder for the 209 primer.
Mine is a thread in and uses the orange plastic holder for the 209 primer

Back