New .50 Cal Mold

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I am going to Oakridge, using 520 and 530 grass grove, and 444 550 paper patch. In my 45 cal henry sidelock I built. It's a 4140 greenmountain match grade winchester taper. Still a big learning curve for me. Hope to have better weather soon to try out some different loads. Don't have the disire to shoot in the cold like you. When I was younger no problem, no when it's cold I would rather be out in my work shop building guns ,making musky, striper plugs and turkey calls. The pp bullets I got are cup base swaged from BAC.might not work. Going to do a lot of questions with the other shooters there. Going to take my rifle to a gunsmith here and have him but my gun on the mill and run a dial indicater up the ladder on my lee shaver soul sight to see how true it is to the horizontal of the barrel. Should have my new build going in a few when the barrels and stock back from Pecatonica. Got several types of full bore Sierra, Speer. To test this year ,going to burn a lot of swiss this summer. Also go to friendship. Take all advice and help I can thanks Lewis.

Yes I am going to Oakridge, using 520 and 530 grass grove, and 444 550 paper patch. In my 45 cal henry sidelock I built. It's a 4140 greenmountain match grade winchester taper. Still a big learning curve for me. Hope to have better weather soon to try out some different loads. Don't have the disire to shoot in the cold like you. When I was younger no problem, no when it's cold I would rather be out in my work shop building guns ,making musky, striper plugs and turkey calls. The pp bullets I got are cup base swaged from BAC.might not work. Going to do a lot of questions with the other shooters there. Going to take my rifle to a gunsmith here and have him but my gun on the mill and run a dial indicater up the ladder on my lee shaver soul sight to see how true it is to the horizontal of the barrel. Should have my new build going in a few when the barrels and stock back from Pecatonica. Got several types of full bore Sierra, Speer. To test this year ,going to burn a lot of swiss this summer. Also go to friendship. Take all advice and help I can thanks Lewis.

It sounds like you have Bullets Covered, If there is anything i have that you would like to try, just Let me know :lewis: I’ll get them to ya! If i were competing, i would be Shooting 1-20 Alloy (Grease Groove Bullets from BACO Will be 1-20 Alloy. Their Paper Patch on the other hand will be Pure lead as they are Swaged)

Size your Bullets so they just “Kiss” the Rifling on the Way Down, You shouldn’t have to PUSH much, if any on the Loading Rod, Just the Loading Rod weight, maybe a thumb and index finger at most to help it Down. And try 1/8” Wool Felt. Both Caliber Specific and Over Size (.50 Cal Wool Felt in .451 Bore)

Last edited:
Yes my bullets just kiss. Have not trye'd the wool yet ,will be the first think out the barrel when I get to my range site. Got to learn how to post pictures on here when I get rollin. I'll have Rick show me how if I have to when at Friendship. You do very outstanding at that, many of us appreciate that.

Very nice looking bullet! The paper don’t lie either! It sounded like it was a bit chilly out there.

Yeah and what is that White stuff all over the ground? :D Seriously here at Easton PA I think so far this year we had less than 2” of snow?? Not complaining though.

That video looks almost looks like you were back at the gravel pit. New place to shoot?

Oh... not very good at calendars....lol. I thought it looked familiar....

I know Isn't that pathetic :wall:
I personally HATE a hollow base conical so I'd never be buying something like that anyways. But the poor guy that does buy them and trys them andthey aren't accurate for him just thinks that his gun won't shoot conicals and probably will never try conicals again. SAAAD :think:

Come on Traditions spend a couple extra penny's and package them right.:mad:
Thanks for your great post. This looks like a good place for my question that I can't find info on & am about to try... I have a .45 Paramiunt, I bought several new types of bullets to try out in it besides the PB 280gr ELR's. I thought the 310gr hollow base Black Max Parker's would be well worth a try with 105gr b/w BH209. I have no idea why I don't hear anyone talking about any of the hollow base ML bullets now avail? So, to my simple ( or so I thought lol) question is why? Kind regards

I shoot the Parker Ballistic Extreme’s out of my 45 cal Austin and Halleck. They shoot great. I just started using them this past hunting season and didn’t get anything but a yote. This target was 100 yards in a 10 mph left to right wind and was a sight in group. The dog was at about 60 yards. 100 grains BH209

Attachments

• 54317D67-BED0-4301-857A-131CB0C1CB09.jpeg
    54317D67-BED0-4301-857A-131CB0C1CB09.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DFF0CE9D-7096-4F1A-A3C6-3BB92FF14F82.png
    DFF0CE9D-7096-4F1A-A3C6-3BB92FF14F82.png
    208.7 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back