New .50 midrange target set up

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really good looking rig, sir. Beautiful wood. Please keep us updated as you work up those loads, should be very interesting.

Really good looking rig, sir. Beautiful wood. Please keep us updated as you work up those loads, should be very interesting.
Thank you, I will keep my progress with this gun updated. That was the whole purpose of makin this thread is to share this experience & knowledge with the group as well as opening the door to learn from others myself. It’s a WIN/WIN IMHO

Don't over look paper patched bullets. Those LRH barrels do well with them. Nice looking set up for sure.
Thanks Harleyboss.
Since this is the first .50 like this I've ever had, & the only conicals I've ever messed with ( many many moons ago ) were Maxi Balls & Maxi Hunters. This is a long way from that. I found out some info about this gun last night. Its a 28 3/4" barrel, not 34" & the twist is 1:24 ( the perfect modern .50 twist IMHO ) not a 1:28". So, thats just awesome. I will let this gun tell me what it likes through testing. I'd love to find that " perfect Conical " for it, but I will be trying out numerous sabot combos as well, I've already got some 300gr & 400gr Spire point cast conicals in .452 in mind to order in the very near future & Paper Patching has been interesting to me for a long time & something I really want to try for myself. Heres the perfect platform to do just that. Thanks for pointing them out.

She's pretty.
I'll be watching how those bullets fly.
Thanks, my plan is to test out a bunch of diff cast conicals in various weights & shapes ( I like the Spire points & Creedmore type conicals ) to find that " perfect conical " for the best accuracy in a midrange target bullet. I will be ordering a cpl .452 spire cast conicals & some sabots to experiment with as well & its time to learn a thing or two about paper patching as well. I am completely open to any advice & suggestions as to bullets/charges - whatever. This is a wonderful learning experience that I get to share with the group.

Latest posts

Back